39 | The Perfect Gift.

Eren's POV;

Today was December 20th. As promised, Eren received an invitation to Kiaran's Christmas party, which was being held on the twenty-fourth. In his invite, she had slipped in a sticky note asking if he wanted to spend an extra few days with her, which he wasn't going to turn down. After all, it had been three months since they last seen each other. Thankfully, with all his physical therapy, he had his own little surprise for her when he was going to visit.

That afternoon, while shopping around in Target with the boys. Eren scanned the isles for items that Kiaran might want since it was also a housewarming party. Riding in one of the scooters with Armin by his side, he couldn't decide what was best as they made their way to the jewelry department. Everything looked nice—and expensive.

Eren groaned, stopping the scooter as his eyes traveled the glass display. "I have been puzzled about what to get her all month, and I still don't know what to get," he said.

Armin, looking at the necklaces, studied the display as they had beautiful diamonds and opal, but they looked like they would be for older women. "I mean, I'm sure she will love anything you get her," he said.

"WOOO!"

Turning to the noise, he heard Connie, who was pushing their cart full of groceries, with Jean, Reiner, and Floch following behind. "Do we need to get anything else for the party?" Jean asked, who was panting out of breath.

Eren shook his head, turning back to the display of jewelry. "Uh—you all got a gift for her, right?" he asked as his eyes landed on a simple diamond necklace that was icy blue like her eyes.

"Yup! I got her a cat tree since, well—she might have a cat," Connie said proudly, pointing his nose up.

Jean rubbed over his face, staring him down. "Dude—if she had a pet, we would have heard about it," he said, annoyed.

Connie shrugged, crossing his arms defensively. "You never know!" he said.

Even though they were arguing, Eren's eyes only focused on the necklace as it was beautiful. The twinkling of the diamond resembled her eyes perfectly, as it had to be the gift he was looking for. "Uh—excuse me!" Eren called out to the woman working the station.

She turned to him with a pleasant smile on her face. "Yes, sir? How can I help you?"

Eren pointed directly at the necklace. He had his eyes as the woman went to open the display case for him. "How much is this necklace here?... last minute Christmas gift," he said.

Propping the necklace up for him to see it, the woman caressed her fingers over the silver chain before studying the diamond. "Well—I believe this product was marked at fifteen hundred. But with the sale going on... it's about fifty percent off," she said.

He had money to spare, so that it wouldn't be an issue. Looking at the beautiful oval shape of the diamond, he felt like this was the perfect gift. "I think I'll take it," Eren said.

"Good choice, it always comes with a perfume collection—we are calling it Silent Night Angel. Smells like heaven and Earth," the woman said.

Perfect. After paying for the necklace and getting the three-box perfume set, Eren could smell the scents as they smelled like clouds and baby powder, which surely Kiaran would like.

Just like that, they were on their way out. He knew surely Kiaran would love her new gifts, and the Christmas party was something everyone was talking about. They knew how hard things had been the past three months, and everyone had lent a helping hand to her time in need. But one thing remained—what happened to Levi?