31 | "Welcome Home, Eren."

Kiaran's POV:

It was September 20th, the day Eren was being discharged from the hospital. Things had been difficult, and she had a lot to think about, but now, Kiaran was making sure Eren would have a smooth recovery in returning home today.

She had returned to her townhouse but wasn't speaking with Levi as he respected her space to think about his proposal. But she was still stuck on where her heart was between the two males.

When she was gone, everything mainly had gone downhill as things were still trashed from Mike and Levi's fight. A few things had been broken and scattered over the place. So—it fell on her.

She spent the first day cleaning up what was salvageable, and then the next day, whatever was broken was thrown out.

Levi had mainly been out of the house, which was a surprise. The only time she saw him was when he stopped by to pick up some things, but other than that, it was silence.

She was annoyed that her roommates didn't help clean up most of the big stuff, but they were busy.

Cleaning up that morning, Kiaran sighed, tossing out the last trash bags near the curb as this was not how she wanted to spend her morning. It was about 9 am as Eren would be discharged around that afternoon. She had to get a few things over to his house as Armin and Jean were coming over to get her bags, followed by a few other things. As she finished, she went back inside to make sure her bags were all set. They should be pulling up at any given moment.

So much was happening as she still held onto the engagement ring as it rested on her nightstand dresser. She wasn't sure if taking back Levi was the best bet, as even now, the more time she spent with Eren, the more she felt closer to him.

Kiaran, stop — you need to figure out your feelings. Levi is waiting for an answer. Eren is also wanting a chance. Just figure out where you're heart is and decide later.

Slapping her cheeks together, she held her face, letting out a long sigh before hearing a car pull up in the driveway. Peeking out the window, she saw Reiner's RAM pull up, taking up half the driveway. Stepping back outside, she was greeted by Jean and Armin. "Hey guys—thanks for coming to pick up my stuff," Kiaran smiled.

"It's not a problem at all!" Armin said, hopping out of the passenger seat.

Jean came around from the driver's side and had a slight smirk on his face. "Jaeger is lucky. So you two an item now?" he asked, chuckling.

"No—just want to be of some help to him, Jean. As of now, I am back to enjoying my single life," Kiaran stated proudly.

Armin looked a bit shocked, heading inside. "So what happened with Levi? Are you two just on another break?" he asked.

Kiaran shrugged. "Um—sure, let's put it that way," she said.

"Well, you know you can always give me a chance," Jean said, wiggling his eyebrows.

Kiaran blushed a tinge of pink before picking up a box and handing it to him. "Get to working, and I might consider," she joked.

As they began loading up the truck, she just hoped she had enough time to get her things out before Levi showed up.

Mike and Hanji were out doing some shopping since some of the furniture was destroyed, so it wouldn't be an issue.

"So—who is going to pick up Eren?" Armin asked.

Jean shrugged, lifting a box over his shoulder. "I think Reiner is supposed to get him. His car was totaled," he said, disappointed.

"Well, since he isn't discharged until this afternoon, we can figure out who will go," Kiaran said.