18 | Petra.

Eren's POV:

After the long bus ride back to university, Eren was glad to have returned home. All the boys dragged into the frat house sweated out, turning on the fans. As everyone flopped into the furniture, Eren flopped across one of the leather couches as, oddly enough, it was comforting despite its rough cushions.

Sighing a bit into the couch, he was comforted by the cool breeze of the fans. "Guys, we should skip class tomorrow for sure," Connie groaned, fanning himself off.

"We can't—that big field trip is coming up for some of us, and it counts for our final grade," Jean huffed.

"That's right—damnit. Can't we catch a break," Floch groaned.

Eren sighed before sitting up against the couch. "Well, who all has that class? Maybe some of us don't have to go," he said.

"I know I have to, sadly—it sucks, but I do need the grade," Armin said.

The group groaned, the day ahead had to go on. Looking at the clock, it was about 9:30 pm, and classes would start early tomorrow. Hating that they sweated themselves out all day just to return to the classroom tomorrow bugged them.

Picking himself up, Eren wiped the sweat from his brow before making his way to the stairs in the corridor. "Alright, guys— I'm headed to bed. See you tomorrow," he said.

As they all said goodnight, Eren dragged his feet to the stairs as the heat was killing him. He couldn't wait to be in his room with his air conditioning unit.

Reaching his room at the end of the hall, he pushed the door open, nearly falling over as he took long steps before crashing onto his bed. Soon, the click of his air conditioning came on as he sighed in relief, feeling its cool breeze swallowing him in the chilled setting.

As he went ahead, melting into his bed sheets, he pulled out his phone, swiping to unlock it as the first thing he could see was the picture he had secretly taken of Kiaran. He smiled as his hair rested over his teal green eyes as they reflected off the screen, admiring the sunset with her sitting on the beach. Even though her back was to him, it was still a beautiful picture.

She had probably gotten home by now to finish up whatever work she had before class. Part of him was excited to see her again as today, in a sense, was a good day for him. Reaching over, putting his phone on the charger, he went ahead, resting a bit into the bed and closing his eyes as he would need to get as much sleep as possible before tomorrow's class.

The next day, after getting ready for class. Eren was shaving his little facial hair in the bathroom as he was putting the finishing touches on. Smoothing underneath his slick chin, he looked at his hair as it started running past his shoulders. Maybe it's time for a haircut? He thought starting to pinch the end of his hair watching the strands fall. He didn't mind his hair. He loved how long it grew out, but part of him felt like it was the excellent touch to his bad boy aesthetic. The time was 7:30 am, and class would be starting soon.

Gathering all his hair into a bun, he finished his look before walking out of the bathroom. Today he was wearing just a plain thin t-shirt and a pair of dickies as the weather was too hot for a leather jacket. At least his outfit of choice was breathable.

Making his way down the stairs, he was surprised to see his car keys were back, as Armin must have picked up his car for him from the repair shop. The house was quiet as some of the others probably didn't have classes until later since they were split up differently.