15 | Eren's Past - The Accident.

!! TRIGGER WARNING — GRIEF/LOSS, VIOLENCE/FIGHTING, BLOOD/GORE

Eren's POV:

On May 19th, we finally graduated from high school. It was a day to remember as it was the day Eren Jaeger was going to ask out his crush.

The evening was planned out as after the graduation ceremony, everyone was getting in their last-minute goodbyes, exchanging numbers, and headed off to parties. But him, there was something special he wanted to do.

Upon his graduation night, he had a small concert in Sina with his band and an after-party following. But when it was over, he was able to get Kiaran alone.

Ever since he first saw her, he knew he was in love. Even though he wasn't looking forward to any sort of romantic relationship, something about her just swept him off his feet.

They formed a small band in his dad's old dusty garage. They spent all their time together going out with friends and even prom—the typical high school love story. But something was in the way: his rival for her love, Levi Ackerman.

The two had been going at it since day one. They were the hottest couple in high school despite Levi being much older than her. He had graduated earlier than her but still managed to spend all his free time with her, making his chances harder. But then they broke up since college was going to be getting in the way. But not just because of that, Eren knew Kiaran suffered from depression as she was usually drinking and doing substances.

So, when graduation night came, knowing she and Levi were no longer together, he took a chance and won her heart. With his help, he managed to get her help as best he could and settled on rehab for her drinking problems.

That was the first month of their relationship, and even though it probably wasn't the healthiest, he stayed with her because he wanted to give her the world.

First, it was the letters updating him on how things were in rehab. A list more so of how boring it was, but she was slowly getting better with each passing day.

Then, packages of items she made for him, a tape short album she was able to make. Singing to him with songs she wrote, even naming one Songs To That Jaeger Boy.

Slowly, those things started to slow down, but he always wrote back, even making his own recordings on tape of him playing guitar. She really liked those as in her letter she told him, his voice was something she could fall asleep to, which made him fall in love with her over again each time.

In that time, he had applied to college, and Kiaran was willing to follow him, making plans to go to Sina University together and buy their own house with the money they made from their small albums. He even wanted to propose when they graduated together.

The months flew by until she was finally let out in August. Their reunion was one he would never forget as he went to pick her up with flowers in hand. He had never seen her more alive than the last he saw her. She remained sober when they were together, but that changed a month before they entered college.

It was September, and the weather had been awful almost all month. Non-stop rain and thunderstorms, even some days they would get snow out of nowhere.

Finishing up his entrance exam for college, Eren heard the house phone ring from downstairs. He turned to the door, listening to his mother hurry to answer. He could hear her say hello before there was silence.