Grantaire - How Drunk Can You Get?

“Answer me honestly R. How many bottles?” Y/n asked the boy who sat on her knees with his arms wrapped around her neck.

“Lotssss!” he grinned before kissing her again.

“R-” she muttered. “It’s a bit dangerous to drink that much.”

“You know Y/n you look very pretty tonight!” he grinned again before standing up.

“I do?” she mumbled before R started shouting.

“You guys all know my girl y/n! Well we’re getting married!” he told them.

“What?” y/n’s face went a confused red, sure she knew Grantiare was a hard drinker and had his faults but sure, doesn’t everyone? And after all she’d dated him for a good few years it was only normal she’d marry him at some point if they were meant to be but this was random and he’d probably not even remember it tomorrow morning.

“I’m so happy!” he laughed before pulling a baffled y/n off the chair and kissing her again.

Éponine looked at y/n from across the room with a smile on her face but a confused expression in her eyes and she shot Éponine back with the same look.

“R, maybe you’ve drunk a wee bit too much love,” she brushed his brown hair out of his eyes. “Let’s go home.”

“Whatever my bride wants!” he slurred before crying out “WAIT! I haven’t given you the ring yet!”

And then out of his pocket he pulled out a velvet case and a neatly nice ring out of it and slipped it onto her finger.

Y/n struggled to breathe.

He did mean to propose. He just did it without asking.

And she couldn’t really care.

“Oh R,” she felt tears prick her eyes before he scooped her up causing her to let a wee surprised shriek out of her mouth before R said their goodbyes and carried her home for the first five steps outside the café when they did a switcheroo and Y/n carried him home the rest of the way.

And to her joy he did remember the next day and it wasn’t just a drunk Christmas party moment.

Probably a good time to mention that this isn't the peak of randomness. It gets worse.