Courfeyrac- Cosette and Marius

AJ’s e/c eyes flickered down the cast list.

Her eyes stopped upon three particular names.

Éponine: Rose Daly
Marius: Courfeyrac
Cosette: AJ Y/L/N.

Yes but no.

Yes! She got Cosette! The perfect part for her voice.

But also no! Courfeyrac the biggest flirt, even if he had the nicest voice, was who she would have to play alongside.

And even worse, the biggest pick me, Rose Daly, got Éponine, that would be hell. She would protest for the biggest bow, argue about having dirt like make up plastered on her face, who actually thought that that was a good idea?

But to focus on the positives, she got Cosette!

Continuing on…

Working on the first half of act I was heaven, Kaitlyn who was her best friend was playing Fantine and watching her pour her heart into “I Dreamed a Dream” every single rehearsal was heart wrenching.

She was playing an ensemble part for all of the first act until “Master of the House” which she had to sit out to go get ready.

The vocal aspect of rehearsals was heaven, they had little to no fun with “At the End of the Day” with the millions of harmonies but it sounded gorgeous at the end of the day.

“Lovely Ladies” was an experience she wished to forget due to Courfeyrac failing at flirting, but still didn’t, they all laughed so much throughout it that they almost cut it.

“Fantine’s arrest” got a few laughs but little to none.

But throughout it, Courfeyrac kept flirting with her, whether it was complimenting her or using these obscure pick up lines which made her cringe.

It was something that made her wonder if Montparnasse was really the perfect person for her.

And then she didn’t attend rehearsals for a day alongside Courfeyrac and Rose.

When they did return, things did tend to be taking serious turns.

Mrs Norris had taken it to her head that they only had four months to choreograph, sing and put together quite a lot.

She had these dark bags under her eyes and her dishevelled clothes were mismatched and distorted.

“Courfeyrac! AJ ( I’m sorry, I don’t know your full name or I would have used it)! Rose!” she shouted. “We need to have this done within four months so no messing around at all!”

And so it all began.

Paris/Look Down’s vocals were sorted semi quickly and the choreographed movement was quick enough to sort out but AJ didn’t know if she could put up with Courfeyrac for much longer with his constant flirting and attempts to snake a hand around her waist.

She really hated him.

One day after rehearsals AJ was walking out with her arm laced through Kaitlyn’s and Courfeyrac sprinted up behind her and laced his arm through her other one.

“Please go out with me?” Courfeyrac asked the girl who looked shook.

“What?” was all that AJ managed to force out of her mouth.

“Date me!” Courfeyrac looked like a happy and excited child.

“I’m going out with Montparnasse!” she told him, leaving him rooted to the spot with wide  and embarrassed eyes.

And when she went out later that week with Montparnasse to the park she started to question if Courfeyrac was that bad.

“And so when he returned he found nothing in his desk but a single note signed P.M,” Montparnasse explained the Patron-Minette’s last rioting act.