Grantaire- Veronique

Grantaire held onto the long neck of the bottle he was currently drinking from. What number was this? Last number he remembered was nine but that was an hour or maybe five ago.

So she left him.

He just knew that his luck wouldn’t last that long.

He never even remembered that in the next few minutes his body finally gave way and passed out.

A soft knock came from the door. Again. And once more. And again. Repetitively.

“I know you’re in there R!” a woman’s voice echoed through the rooms and around R’s unconscious head. “Open the door!”

R rolled over at this point, still unconscious, seemed to let out a little unaware scoff from his slumber enhanced by alcohol and intoxicating booze.

“GRANTAIRE OPEN THE DOOR!  OPEN THE DOOR PLEASE!” her voice came again.

Then there was a bang, like the sound of wood hitting the floor.

Suddenly a woman with h/c hair falling around her face, concerned e/c eyes and a worried expression that seemed to have settled permanently on her face.

“Oh R,” she murmured as she saw him.

Quickly she moved him onto his sofa and pulled the blanket that was draped over the back of it over him removing the alcohol from his tight grip like it was his personal teddy bear.

She moved swiftly around the room picking up empty bottles (as well as the full ones) and leaving for the bin to put them in it.

After a matter of hours he woke up, pushing the blanket off himself .

“R!” the girl cried as she rushed over to him.

“Huh?”

“You’re awake!” She hugged the boy.

“Y/n? What are you doing here?”

“I heard about you and Veronique and well I thought it would be nice to see if you were ok, I’m sorry about my sister by the way,” Y/n explained as she released him from the tight embrace.

“It’s fine. It was all too good to be true really,” R explained as he looked at the sister of the girl who had just broken his heart.

“Veronique was a prat really, it’s her loss,” y/n comforted the boy.

“She wasn’t really, I was, she evidently liked the drunk cynical version of me better than the sober and sensible one,” Grantaire scoffed slightly.

“Well I like the sober one so preferably no more alcohol?” Y/n almost asked.

And a wave washed over R as he came to the realisation that he had been with the wrong y/l/n sister the whole time and that he loved y/n way better than he did her sister.

“R? Are you ok?” Y/n asked as his face went tranquil and slightly out of it.

“Yes,” and without control he kissed her.

Quickly she shut her eyes and kissed him back enjoying it thoroughly apart from the fact that there was a lingering taste of alcohol on his lips.

“I love you,” he told her.

“But R what about Veronique!”

“Damn Veronique! I love you!”

“I love you too!” she screamed frantically hyped up by the moment yet feeling quite bad for her sister.

And he kissed her again more spontaneously than before.

A/n
Requested by CaptainMetalArm. Thank you!
Sorry if it's a bit weird and awfully short!
Maeve