Courfeyrac - Veronica and JD (Cosette and Marius part 2)

There was a happy quietness about AJ and Courfeyrac's relationship even though it was a very public occasion that started it, they were as happy as two children and they liked it that way.

The first year went on as fast as a shooting star.

One morning in late May the whole school was informed that they would be putting on a production of "Heathers" and AJ nearly jumped off her seat as she grasped onto Courf's hands in joy.

In June she turned up and auditioned for Veronica Sawyer meeting no other than Rose Daly at the door and there was an awkward moment spent as Rose's lips curled into a look of dislike.

Eventually AJ got past the girl, chin high in the air and mentally and physically prepared to belt "I Say No" and maybe even "Dead Girl Walking" or "Fight For Me" at the top of her lungs.

As AJ walked into the room with an exhausted looking Mrs Norris perched on the stool looking like she was ready to play a deflated Miss Fleming with her hair all over the show.

"Morning Miss," AJ greeted the woman politely, nodding her head and clearing her throat.

"Hello," she responded less than unenthusiastically. ""I Say No" please."

And so she began to play the first notes of it without any warning and AJ found herself belting notes out quickly.

As soon as it was done AJ thanked Mrs Norris, walked out of the room looking a bit happy with herself and walked straight into Courfeyrac.

"Sorry!" She said. "You're now?"

"Yep. Wish me luck!"

And AJ waited for a week until the cast list came out.

I'll give you a brief overview:

Veronica Sawyer: AJ Swiffen
J.D: Courfeyrac
Heather Chandler: Kaytlin Linnet
Heather Duke: Rose Daly
Heather McNamara: Lucy Davidson
Martha: Freya Walsh

The rest of the cast list would tire you and bore you so I shan't list it.

The next week they all sat together in the school's sports hall with Mrs Norris plunging her fingers at the keys playing "Beautiful".

She had the whole thing choreographed in three hours and that was the first day done.

The little amount of dialogue in between was covered quickly the next day before the infamous "Candy Store". Everyone belted "Candy Store". And I mean everyone.

Quickly within a few weeks they had reached "Dead Girl Walking" and there was a silence in the sports hall as Mrs Norris had drawn every curtain she could get her boney fingers on and sent the cast a message that they wouldn't be needed today apart from AJ and Courf of course.

Kaytlin had squeezed AJ's hand for good luck just before she went in and told her that she'd be fine but these words didn't stop AJ from fretting frantically.

Mrs Norris had them practise the vocals first which were just fine according to her.

Then she went over to the door, opened it, told the bunch of students standing outside to clear off, closed it and proceeded to get down to business.

"Right, AJ, Courfeyrac. Dead girl walking," Mrs Norris said a look of tranquillity about her making AJ wonder if the woman could be made whatsoever mildly disturbed.

That was the most awkward hour of AJ's life.

She felt it start to come on when she was fully on top of Courfeyrac and assessed that there was a significant wave of a blush coming over her face.