Jehan- Not Just My Imagination

Y/n was half paying attention to Mme Houchelop’s declaration, her attention was much more focused on the commotion on the streets.

“And that is why Y/n Grantaire should never be allowed more than six bottles a night,” She told her niece as the girl stared out of the window at the chaos occurring.

“I’m sure he wouldn’t do that aunty,” she said, her eyes still glued out of the window just checking that Jehan was ok.

“Oh he would my girl,” she shook her head and wiped her hands on her apron.

“Never!” Y/n smiled at Jehan as he caught her eye and he smiled too.

“Oh easily. It’s happened many times before n/n. Would you be a dear Y/n and run across to the bakery and get three pastries? Sweet ones, no savoury stuff,” Madame asked the girl.

“Of course,” She smiled.

Madame handed Y/n a few francs and sent her on her way.

Y/n grabbed her hat on the way out and whipped off her apron.

She set off and headed into the commotion that Enjolras called a rally.

“Vive la France!” She could hear as it echoed around the streets.

“Bonjour Mademoiselle, ça va?” a familiar voice asked and she turned around to see no other than Jean Prouvaire.

“Bonjour Jehan, ça va bien, et toi?” she smiled and slipped her hand into his.

“Je suis incroyable!”

And he kissed her cheek.

“How is madame?” he asked her.

“She’s ok, she’s sent me to get her a few pastries.”

“Sweet ones I guess?” he asked her.

“How ever did you know?” She smiled at the boy who was holding her hand and opening the door for her to go through.

“Simple educated guess,” he told her.

“Do they not need you out there?” Y/n asked the boy.

“They’ll cope without me for a while.”

They both entered the bakery and Y/n purchased the three chocolatey twirl things for the name she was unsure of.

“Were you watching me through the window?” he asked her, making her blush furiously.

“Maybe?” she answered, her hands twisting the brown paper bag.

“Always good to know it’s not just my imagination,” he told her before kissing her cheek and then running off.

And y/n just let out a chuckle before she placed her hand on her cheek fondly and began to walk back to the café.