Jehan- Watching Through the Window

A/n
It's short and not great, sorry!

Jehan Prouvaire fell in love as easily as a leaf falls off a tree in autumn.

And the young lady in the room opposite him was no exception.

She had these e/c eyes that sparkled when she sat with her friends sewing dresses. Jehan guessed that the girl was a seamstress and had suddenly taken up a habit of collecting random scraps of fabrics that he found around the back of the house or outside his room, opposite hers and in the corridors.

Jehan would never have guessed the girl was a seamstress if he hadn't lived close to the Café Musain.

You see, out of the front window of the café there was a perfect view of the girls room and that’s where Jehan first spotted the girl.

She had h/c hair that she liked to wear in plaits and when her friend with blond hair attempted to pin them on her head, she let her and then as soon as she left and was sure her friend wasn’t looking she pulled the pins out and let the bundles of h/c cascade down.

No one knew of the girl apart from Jehan as he was wiser than to tell them as he knew they would behave like children about it.

She smiled at her friends as they sewed the little dresses and waistcoats in the candlelight.

But Jehan Prouvaire didn’t even realise that the girl took little glimpses of him too.

Y/n Y/l/n was smitten too and her friends weren’t to know as they’d try to get her to talk to him and she would only make a mess of it.

So she watched the boy out of the window pane and smiled slightly to herself as she did so.

Whether or not she would ever talk to him she didn’t know but she still hoped.