Enjolras - The Boy With Only a Surname

The bird was tweeting away in the tree that morning, signifying either the start of spring or that there was a cat prowling below. After a sudden squeak and then a dying note, Y/n came to the quick and pert decision that it was more than definitely the second one and then tossed over in her bed and attempted to drag herself out of it.

Mornings are always the worst time of the day, you have to leave the make believe world of dreams and hopes behind and go and earn your keep.

Truth be told, Y/n didn't mind her work.

Y/n y/l/n worked at the local library putting books on shelves and sorting paperwork out, she was a librarian.

She pulled herself out of the bed and peered out of the window to see the cat devouring the bird in the backyard. It was the second option, she was right.

After getting dressed and washing she plopped her hat down on her head and tied the two strings and set off for work.

At the door she spotted Eliza, her best friend.

Meet Elizabeth-Caroline Mannette, a librarian who fell in love easier than a leaf fell off a tree on an autumn day. Currently her mind wandered over the thought of a young revolutionary it seemed who went by the name of Feuilly.

She had brown hair and blue eyes that often appeared to not belong on earth and preferred to rest on dreams. She was quiet and worked hard but also was awfully fond of having fun.

Eliza skipped over to y/n and hooked her arm through hers.

"Goodmorning y/n!" she chirped much like the bird at y/n's window earlier that morning.

"Hey Eliza," Y/n responded, lacking any enthusiasm that Eliza had an abundance of.

"I saw him last night," she sighed.

"That's nice," Y/n said, unlocking the door and walking into the warm building.

"He gave me this," Eliza began to fish about in her basket. "Here it is!"

She pulled an elaborate fan out of her pocket that seemed designed just to perfection in the world of Eliza.

"Oh! Isn't it so pretty?" Eliza asked the girl who couldn't really see it as Eliza was cradling it close to her body.

"Beautiful," Y/n responded, walking over to the window and pulling up the blinds.

"I do think he's sweet," Eliza cooed at the fan in her tanned hands.

"I am sure he is now Eliza, set the fan down please and help me with these books?" Y/n asked the girl. "Thanks."

The day progressed on, people visiting in dribs and drabs until late afternoon.

At roughly five o'clock a large group of boys wandered in and Y/n at this point was half awake and still propping books on shelves.

The boys were having quite a noisy conversation and Eliza seemed to have left with one of them, Y/n assumed this was Eliza's Feuilly.

"Excuse me mademoiselle," a voice came from behind her.

Y/n span around to reveal a young blond haired man with blue eyes standing behind her.

"Yes?" she asked, her eyes wide.

"I'm looking for a book, could you help me?" he asked.

"I'm sure I could," her heart was beating at a million and one miles per hour as she responded.

After this, she sat down at her desk which had a clear view of where the boy was sitting and sat and tried to do paperwork but instead found herself dreamily staring over at the boy.

"Enjolras?" one of the others called.

The blond haired boy's head perked up.

So that's his name, thought y/n.

And off she went again, dreaming about the man with blond hair, blue eyes, rosy cheeks and a beautiful voice with only a surname.

A/n:
Hi! Sorry it's awful, updates might be a bit slow for a while now as I'm going on holidays but I'll try!