Courfeyrac - An Article on How NOT to Build a Christmas Tree

Courfeyrac stood beside the boxes and y/n beside him with her hands on her hips.

“Can’t be that hard, right?” she said before Courfeyrac nodded in agreement.

“Suppose?”

“Yeah?” y/n mumbled back.

“Right,” Courfeyrac nodded his head again before opening the box and retrieving the leaflet which then unfolded and fell down to his feet with a foot of it still rolled up.

“What does it say?” y/n asked before removing her hands from her hips and retrieving the black plastic base pieces from the cardboard box.

“Place the three plastic pieces together into the circle,” Courf read before y/n assembled a triangle completely forgetting that a circle was mentioned.

“Done!”

“Then place the first piece of the tree in the circle which should be labelled “1” in the slot,” Courfeyrac read before y/n stuck it in the circle which she had placed in the middle of the triangle. “Spread the branches out.”

And so the two of them set out doing this before balancing and screwing another two parts into it spreading the plastic branches out again before placing baubles and tinsel plentiful onto it.

“It looks good!” y/n grinned admiring it as Courf held out the star to her before offering her a piggyback.

“To the right a little!” y/n demanded before she plopped the star on the top of the tree before Courfeyrac lowered her to the ground.

“Is it just me who thinks it's off to the right a little?” Courf asked.

“Nah, I’m getting that impression too,” y/n confirmed.

“Do we need to fix it?” he asked.

“Maybe?”

“Maybe? I think it’s a straight yes, question is how?”

“D’you know what, let's go out,” y/n smiled carefree as usual. “We’ll sort it when we’re back!”

“Good idea,” he grinned before hoisting her onto his shoulders again and running to the door before a God almighty crash came from the living room and y/n stopped laughing, Courf looked slightly comically puzzled and a hiss of sorts came from Mittens the cat.

“I think the tree might have come down,” y/n mumbled.

“Yeah. Maybe,” Courf replied before turning around to see the tree collapsed on its side with Mittens the cat lodged under it.

“That’s a great start to the festive season,” y/n joked before the two of them started cackling like witches and Mittens gave them both a very unimpressed look from under the plastic branches.

Little warning, from here until Bahorel they're very very random. Like they have little to no plot.

Maeve:)