The Anniversary Gift

Warning - Mature content in the end

Meerub and Murtasim's 5th anniversary, and both thought that the other person did not remember, but how could either of them forget about it?

"It was afternoon, and Meesam had gone with MaaBegum to a relative's house." MaaBegum had to go, and Meesam insisted that she would go with Dadi, so she left with her.

"Meerub?" Murtasim came home, calling her name from the distance. She was occupied in her walk-in closet putting away the winter clothes and arranging summer clothes.

"Murtasim, main yahan hoon closet mai," she called from there as she heard his voice.

"Meerub Yaar, Kya kar rahee ho?" He looked like he was in some urgency.

"I am fixing my clothes, why? do you want something?" She asked him without looking at him, she continued doing what she was doing.

" Yes, please leave everything and come with me. I want to show you something," he grabbed her hand and started pulling her with him.

" Kyaa hua? Batao tau." Meerub asked him.

"Bas don't ask questions just come with me I have to take you somewhere," he kept walking towards the house door holding her hand and pulling her with him.

" Aray but I am not even dressed properly, where are we going?" She was now intrigued and a little irritated too.

"Doesn't matter, you don't have to show your clothes to anyone," then he turned, looked at her and smiled, "By the way you look perfect."

Meerub just rolled her eyes and followed him to the car quietly.

As she settled in his black Mercedes front seat, she was a little disappointed, "he doesn't remember it's our anniversary, he could have wished me."

"Tum ne bhi tau wish nahi Kya", her inner voice told her .... "Yeah, but he brags about love more than me" She negated her thoughts herself.

She looked at him, his eyes were covered with shades, but there was an excitement emitting from him.

"Murtasim, Batao na, where are we going?"  She asked again.

"It's a surprise! Now just sit and relax." He said with a smirk on his face. He turned on the Music.

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's songs started to play in the background,

Song; (attached in the link)

Aap se milke hum kuchh badal se gaye
Sher padhne lage gun guna ne lage
Pehle mashhur thi apni sanjidgi
Ab to jab dekhayeh muskurane lage

Meerub looked at him; he was smiling, and she started to smile with him. Seemed like he was enjoying and relating to the song.

Song continued

Hum ne jab aap ki dekhi dilchaspiyan
Aa gaye jab hum mein bhi tabdeliyan
Ik musawir se bhi ho gaye dosti
Aur ghazale bhi sunne sunane lage

Suddenly, he started to sing along and grabbed her hand with his free hand. Meerub also nodded along and smiled widely, showing her teeth.

Song continued

Aap ke bare mein poochh baith koi
Kia kahe hum say kya badhawasi hue
Kehne wali jo thi baat woh na kahin
Baat jo thi chhupani batane lage

Ishq be ghar dar ishq beghar kare
Ishq ka sach hai koi thikana nahi
Hum jo kal tak thikane kay the aadmi
Aap se milke kaise thikane lage

Pehle mashhur thi apni sanjidgi
Ab to jab dekhayeh muskurane lage