Wrapping the Past !

Murtasim slowly stirred from his slumber, feeling a warmth against his chest and an unfamiliar weight in his arms. He opened his eyes to find Meerub, his beloved wife, nestled against him, her hair cascading across the pillows. A soft smile played on his lips as he gazed at her peaceful expression in the morning light.

He wanted to stay there forever, the memories from last night flooded in, their passionate lovemaking and then Meerub drifting off to sleep in his arms. Before he could do anything romantic or snuggle more, he saw Meesam, perched at the edge of the bed, her tiny hands shaking Murtasim's shoulder.

"Baba, wake up!" Meesam chirped; her wide brown eyes filled with excitement.

Murtasim groaned playfully, feigning sleepiness. "Is it morning already? I could have sworn we just went to bed."

Meerub, still half-asleep, shifted slightly and felt that she was engulfed in strong arms, a blush crept up her neck and face as she realized her situation and the fact that she was in Murtasim's arms while Meesam was watching them. She turned her head to see Murtasim looking at her, they both groggy from their night of passion, exchanging knowing smiles as their energetic daughter bounced on the bed.

With a chuckle, Murtasim lifted Meesam and placed her between them. "Good morning, sweetheart. What's up?"

Meesam's face lit up with excitement as she began to rattle off her plans. "I like this place, we have a big window, and I can see trees, can we go there Baba?"

"Of course, darling we can go anywhere you want to, but first let us have breakfast. Aren't you hungry?"

Meesam completely ignored the breakfast talk, and instead said "We will go to the park, and then we have a picnic! And then Meesam will have ice cream!"

Meerub finally joined in the conversation. "Ice cream sounds wonderful, Meesam. But first, let's start with breakfast."

Murtasim nodded in agreement and planted a quick kiss on Meesam's forehead. "Breakfast it is. Meesam,"

He turned towards Meerub, with a world of love in his eyes, and said, "Why don't u both clean up while I order breakfast in the room? Or should you prefer we go down to the restaurant and eat?"

Meerub shyly looked away and said, "No, room service will be fine."

As they both got out of bed, making their way to the washroom, Meerub noticed, a mattress beside their bed in the room, she looked at Murtasim with a question in her eyes, Murtasim scratched his head, and said, "I couldn't let Meesam sleep alone in the other room, the surrounding was unfamiliar for her, so I got a mattress for her so that she can sleep here with us in this room."

Meerub, confusedly said "Yeah! but it's a big bed she could have slept with us, like at home"

Murtasim came closer to her and got near her ear, in a voice that could only be heard by her sheepishly said "I wanted to have u all to myself."

Meerub blushed, an involuntary smile lighting up her face. She looked so beautiful that Murtasim forgot to breathe just looking at her, he couldn't help but feel a profound sense of happiness and contentment.

This simple morning scene, with his wife and daughter, was a reminder of the love and joy that filled his life. He smiled and turned to order breakfast for all of them.