The accident !!

Meesam was sitting between Meerub and Murtasim at the dining table. To Meerub's surprise, Murtasim had already arranged a high chair for Meesam (along with a lot of other things she needed).

Maa Begum and Anwar Chacha were feeling blessed to see their picture-perfect family. Meerub was feeding Meesam and Murtasim was trying to talk to Meesam during the whole meal.

After breakfast, when they were getting up from the table, Meerub softly told Murtasim that she wanted to talk to him. He nodded and took Meesam's hand to walk towards their room. On the way, Meesam saw the garden from the window turned towards Murtasim asking him to take her to the garden.

Winter mornings are beautiful in Hyderabad with pale sunlight and not very cold, Murtasim agreed and opened the glass door to step into the patio that lead to the garden.

Meerub was walking right beside them and Feena was a few paces behind them. As they entered the garden Meesam struggled to free her hand from her father's and ran towards the flowers.

Murtasim let go of her hand but turned to look at Feena who immediately took the signal and ran behind Meesam.

He pointed towards a bench looking at Meerub, suggesting her to sit. Meerub took the seat and started looking at Meesam, while Murtasim was looking at  her.

He could still feel the brief touch of his lips on her forehead, he wanted to do more, kiss her lips, a deep kiss that will make her lose herself completely, touch her, hold her in his arms, make her moan and make her want him. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't realise Meerub was saying something.

He looked at her and when she called his name loudly he realised she was talking to him

Murtasim- Ahh, sorry, you were saying something

Meerub - Murtasim! Before coming here I told you that I would come here only on one condition that we would live the way we were living before I left, which means that we will not ( suddenly Meerub felt shy about saying it)...

Murtasim - We will not? What?

Meerub - We will not .. ( pause ) .... we will not be anything other than being Meesam's parents,
I am here just because of her, I want her to have a complete family but this doesn't mean that we can ...

Murtasim - looking straight in her face .. "we can ?"

Meerub - that you can .. ( a long pause ).. that you can come near me

Murtasim looked hard at her, then leaned closer and said in a very firm and matter-of-fact tone

"You promised that you would give me an honest chance, I am not letting you go anywhere now Meerub and not by force but I will give you so much love that you will not be able to go"

Meerub - ( looking at Murtasim with doubt in her eyes) I will not come in between you and Meesam," but before she could complete he  cut her and said firmly with a finger pointing towards her

"You" !! You, I won't leave

You! I want

You! You will love me

Meerub is dumbstruck! She just kept looking at him and was not able to say a word and at that very moment they heard a shrieking sound of crying.

They both turned towards the sound immediately, Meesam was crying and Feena was holding her signalling them both to come.

They ran towards them, and as soon as they reached, Meerub took Meesam in her lap, Her lip was bleeding and she was crying uncontrollably

Murtasim took Meesam from Meerub's lap and started running towards the car while Meerub followed him running too.

Murtasim took the back seat with Meerub, Meesam wrapped in his arms, while Bakhtu took the driving seat. But as soon as they were seated Meesam wanted to go to Meerub.

At the hospital, Murtasim was panicking more than Meerub. She was being brave and strong but when the doctor took Meesam away from them to clean her lip and observe the cut, Meerub just lost her control and started to cry.

Tears rolled down her eyes, Murtasim spread his arm around her shoulder and comforted her. She turned in his arm and kept sobbing, At that moment she was not conscious of the fact that Murtasim's arm was around her and she was encircling his back with one arm and her other arm was on his chest, embracing his closeness for support.

They were both just Meesam's parents.

In a little while, the doctor brought Meesam back, Her lip was swollen and a small bandage was pasted on her chin below the lower lip. She was still sobbing but not with the same intensity. The doctors told them that they had given her a syrup that would make her sleep and the rest of the meds were written on the prescription.

Murtasim cleared the bill while Meerub took Meesam.

Together they walked towards the car. Again they both sat at the back with Meesam and Bakhtu drove the car.

On the way, Meesam slept with her head in Meerub's lap while her legs on Murtasim's. They both stayed silent in the car, they didn't want Meesam to wake up.

As they entered the house, Maa Begum and Anwar Chacha were desperately waiting for them. But Murtasim signalled them to stay quiet, while Meerub quietly walked towards their room.

Meerub was almost entering the room, when Murtasim told MaaSb what happened and how they rushed to the hospital.

He then turned towards a very scared Feena and asked her what happened in the garden.

She started crying, " khan main tau meesam baby ke peechay thee, un ko phool nazar agaye aur Woh bhagne lagin, Woh apne hee shoes main ulajh k gir gayee, Mera koi qasoor nahi tha."

Maa Begum, intervened, " koi baat nahi Feena, jao Meesam k liye soup Banao", she turned to Murtasim and told him,

"Bache gir Jate hain, hum un ko khelnay se mana tau nahi kar sakte na, shukar paro Kuch ziada chot nahi lagi"

Murtasim turned towards his room and started walking, with just a simple nod to his mother.