Surprise Guest

Meesam has embarked on a new adventure. She started school, and Meerab and Murtasim were anxious to see how she will settle into the new environment.

On her first day of school, both Meerab and Murtasim went with her. As they walked to school, holding her tiny hand, they chatted about all the wonderful things she would experience. They encouraged her to be kind, make new friends, and always ask questions to learn as much as she could.

At the class door, Meerab and Murtasim hugged Meesam tightly, filled with mixed emotions. They watched her walk into the class reluctantly, her small backpack bouncing with each step, but the teacher told them to leave and they had no option but to leave.

Throughout the time, Meerab and Murtasim waited eagerly for the moment they could pick up Meesam.

When the school hours ended, they rushed to the class to find Meesam running towards them, full of stories and excitement.

"Baba" she jumped into Murtasim's lap and he immediately picked her up, "Yes Baab ki Jaan, how did it go?"

"Baba,I made three friends Asma, Damza and Niml." Meerab smiled at her incorrect pronunciation of names, but she didn't correct her.

"Wow! You already made friends, that's my girl" Murtasim encouraged her while walking towards the car.

As they sat in the car, Meesam sat in the back seat, standing between both her parents. "Mumma, I shared my cookie", she tapped Meerab's shoulder to engage her in the conversation too. "Really Meesam, that's very kind of you".

All happy and chirpy they came home, as they entered the house, Feena was standing in the garage waiting for them. As soon as the car stopped, she rushed to the car to open the door for Meesam, she jumped out of the car and grabbed Feena's hand, "Aapi main school gayee thee."

"Jee Meesam Bibi aap ko maza aya?" Feena was equally excited.

"Haan aur school main Asma hai, Damza hai aur Niml bhi hai, aap ko bhi le jaon gee." Meerab and Murtasim were walking behind them, smiling at the way she was conversing with Feena in Urdu, while she talks to them in English.

As they entered the Living Room, to say their Salam to Maa Begum, to their surprise Maa Begum was not alone, "Mariam was sitting with Maa Begum."

To everyone's sheer astonishment, Meesam freed her hand from Feena and ran towards Mariam shouting in excitement, "Phuppo".

Mariam also opened her arms to engulf Meesam in a big hug, "Phuppo ka baby, I missed you so much."

Meesam turned to Murtasim and with excitement told him "Baba, this is Phuppo." He was shocked at the sight of what was happening in front of him.

On Meesam's words he tried to put a smile on his face.

Mariam was also avoiding eye contact with Murtasim, it was kind of an awkward silence between both.

Meerab moved forward and hugged Mariam, while Meesam refused to get off her lap.

"Phuppo, this is new home, Baba home, Meesam has a new room", Meesam wanted to pour in all information to her phuppo.

"Wow Meesam, you know phuppo has a room too in baba home." Mariam told Meesam.

"Really? Can I see? Does it have a tea set too?" she was not ready to leave phuppo at all.