Meesam goes to School

A week has passed since Meerub and Murtasim returned from Islamabad. Things have been very smooth between them, Meesam has started to sleep in her room with Feena, and Meerab and Murtasim's relationship had become stronger.

"Meerab, Meerab, ..." Murtasim came into the kitchen shouting her name, she was making dinner for Meesam.

"Murtasim tum agaye? Kya howa kio awazain de rahe ho? Koi kaam hai ?"

Murtasim came behind her and hugged her from the back, putting his chin on her shoulder, "Kion tum ok awaz dene ke liye koi kaam honay ki zaroorat hai?"

Meerab blushed rolled her eyes and nudged him with her elbow, "ziada over na ho...aur hato koi aaa jaye ga."

"Aane do baby ... you are my officially wedded wife ... haq halal ki biwi ho... kisi ki itnee majaaal k koi kuch kahe"

"Whatever Murtasim, chalo Meesam is hungry, I was making her dinner."

"Meesam! Yes Meesam .... Ye hee tau batanay aya tha, Ke tomorrow we have to go"

Meerab picked up the tray and started walking with him, "kahan jana hai?"

"Meesam k school admission ke liye."

Meerab stopped in her track and turned towards him, "Murtasim, tum ne promise kya tha."

Murtasim put his arm around her shoulder pulling her slightly towards him, "Yes baby I know I promised, and I am trying to fulfil all my promises."

Meerab remembered, how as soon as they returned, Murtasim took her to a doctor, for the prescription of birth control pills.

"My friend owns "The International School", and tomorrow is our interview with the Principal for Meesam's admission. They take children at the age of 2.5 years but since he's my friend, we will get the admission even with Meesam's age." Murtasim honestly told the whole thing to Meerab.

They had almost reached Meesam's room when, before entering Meerab turned and gave a kiss to him on his cheek and said, "Thank you, I love you."

Murtasim was surprised by the show of emotions from Meerab, he raised his hand to touch his cheek, and a smile crept up his face.

They both entered Meesam's room, "Baba", Meesam got excited looking at Murtasim, and left the painting that she was doing and ran towards him. He quickly grabbed her running figure and lifted her in the air,

"baba ki jaan".

"How was your day?" He sat on the couch and made her sit on his lap,

"day was good, you know I made a painting", she replied with excitement,

"Really? Show me." He ushered her to bring her painting to him.

Meesam eagerly ran to her little art corner and brought back a colourful piece of paper with vibrant strokes of paint. Murtasim looked at it with awe,

"Wow, Meesam, this is beautiful! You are a little artist in the making."

Meerab joined them, smiling at the interaction between father and daughter.

"She gets her artistic genes from you, you know," Meerab teased Murtasim.

Murtasim chuckled, "Well, she gets her charm, along with many other traits from her mother." And he winked, Meerab just rolled her eyes.

After admiring Meesam's artwork, Murtasim remembered the discussion about the school admission. "So, Meesam, tomorrow we have a special outing. We're going to meet some new friends and teachers at a big school. How does that sound?"