CHAPTER 40

It was just after three in the morning and I was standing inside Dumbledore's office. My dream of Harry Potter's first trial just had to come in the morning of the tournament and well, I needed to tell Dumbledore immediately. Two-way mirrors be damned, this was urgent.

"Sir, Harry Potter has to battle the Hungarian Horntail."

Dumbledore stares at me in shock, then strokes his beard. "The Horntail you say?"

"Yes, and not only is it the most fierce dragon, it escapes the arena and chases Harry through the entire school grounds. Harry gets severely injured by the Horntail, and only just manages to escape its clutches because the dragon collides into the bridge and falls to its death."

"I see, thank you for telling me Katerina," Dumbledore said and quickly went to his desk to write a letter.

"What are you going to do about it, sir?" I asked.

He gave me a calm smile, and before I could pester him with the question again, an owl flew in through the open window and perched itself on the desk.

"Delphi?" I said as I looked at the beautiful hazel feathers I took care of every week. She turned to me and cocked her head to one side as I approached her and caressed her feathers.

Dumbledore gently tied the letter around Delphi's leg and addressed me, "I am sending a letter to Barty Crouch to have all the dragons chained to the ground, rather than letting them fly freely. Also, the Hungarian Horntail must be given some tonic so it is not overly aggressive."

"But sir, isn't it unfair to the other champions?" I asked.

"Not really," Dumbledore began. "The Hungarian horntail is by far the most vicious of the dragons, not only surpassing the other dragons in speed, size and fire power, but also their innate protectiveness over their eggs. A little bit of sedative will just even out the playing field a bit more."

Dumbledore's request was logical and I only hoped Barry Crouch will begrudgingly grant it, considering we technically do not know which dragon each champion will be up against. "I see. That sounds like a good plan, sir."

Delphi chirped in impatience, waiting for a little treat. Dumbledore only smiled as he reached his hand into a jar on his desk and took out a small little treat for Delphi. She cutely stomped her feet in delight and pecked at his hand affectionately before flying off into the night.

"Good night Katerina. Hopefully you can still get some sleep and don't worry, you will begin your apparating lessons soon," Dumbledore said as he began walking up the stairs in his office.

"Good night sir," I replied, the large oak doors creaking shut behind me.

***

Harry could hardly stomach any food this morning, he looked about one mouthful away from hurling his guts up. I was surprised at his reaction considering he has battled far more deadlier things, but to do so in front of the three most famous wizarding schools in Europe, was a different story.

"Harry," Hermione began. "Remember what we practised, stay calm and stay focused."

"Easy for you to say," Harry hissed. "Not like you are the one who is versing a bloody dragon."

"Harry, Hermione is saying just keep your head screwed on straight, and um, still on your shoulders." I said calmly as I took a bite of my toast.

"Kat!" Hermione exclaimed.

Professor McGonagall quickly approached before Harry could sarcastically comment, escorting him to the arena, giving us a small smile as she led Harry out of the hall, and no he was definitely not thinking clearly.