CHAPTER 3

I couldn't stifle a yawn as I dragged myself into the Hall for breakfast following Hermione who looked wide awake. How she has this much energy, I had no idea. At the sight of food, I instantly became more alert and heaped eggs, sausages and bacon onto my plate, almost salivating at the delectable smell that wafted in the air. It was a fine crisp morning with students trickling in and out of the Hall with books in hand and bags slung over their shoulders. Hermione looked at my piled plate in disgust and said, "How are you still not full from last night?"

I like Hermione, always have, even from when I read the books, but can she please stop judging me on how much I eat. I am a growing girl. I shrugged my shoulders as I said, "I have a high metabolism."

I finished roughly a third of my breakfast when the boys strolled in looking just as tired as I did. Cheeks full of food, I smiled and swallowed before giving a cheerful good morning. Fred and George followed soon after, each handing us our new timetables.

I looked at both the twins and said, "Good morning." But they were distracted by a group of Slytherins on the other side of the hall. Malfoy looked like a complete idiot as he did a ridiculous impression of swooning, making Harry blush in embarrassment.

"Hey Potter!" shrieked Pansy Parkinson, her pug face made me want to puke. "Potter! The Dementors are coming, Potter! Wooooo!"

That's it. Poor Harry was looking as ashamed as ever so I yelled, "You're Pansy Parkinson right?"

She looked at me and said, "You're the one on the train. Look at you cosying up to Potter, do you not get enough attention for being the new girl that you have to be friends with 'The Chosen One'?"

"At least I don't get attention for being a skank!" Ron started choking on his pumpkin juice as Hermione looked at me incredulously.

Hermione went back to studying her timetable. "Ooh, good, we're starting some new subjects today," she said happily. I looked at my own and was excited to have Arithmancy first.

"Hermione," said Ron, frowning as he looked over her shoulder, "they've messed up your timetable. Look - they've got you down for about ten subjects a day. There isn't enough time."

"I'll manage. I've fixed it all with Professor Mcgonagall." But Ron wouldn't back down as he started saying she's got three subjects all at once. "I mean, I know you're good, Hermione, but no one's that good. How're you supposed to be in three classes at once?"

"Don't be silly," said Hermione, waving him off, "Of course I won't be in three classes at once." Ron dropped the subject, but was obviously still worried albeit curious as to why Hermione had so much in one day. I already finished my breakfast, quietly waiting on Harry and Ron.

I just realised, I had no idea where the classroom was. Fred and George noticed the confusion written on my face as George asked, "Do you know where the Arithmancy classroom is?"

I shook my head. Fred quickly said, "Well we have Defence Against the Dark Arts which is right next door so we can show you the way."

"Really? Thanks Fred, that would be wonderful." The twins exchanged a look and then looked at me.

"What?"

"No one has been able to tell us apart that quickly." George said. "I like you already."

I laughed as I said, "I am very good at memorising small clues." It was part of my job when I was a forensic scientist, before all of this, you had to notice very specific and nearly hidden details, but I obviously couldn't explain that.

I waved goodbye to the trio as they left the Hall to go to the North Tower while I followed Fred and George to my class. They explained little secrets of each corridor, not forgetting to mention that Ginny caught Percy making out with his girlfriend Penelope Clearwater and even told me about a couple of passageways that they have used before.