CHAPTER 48

Fury pooled in my stomach as I watched Cedric and Cho passionately embrace. Clenching my fists at my sides I stormed up to the pair and wrenched them apart with all my strength.

"Cedric," I said, not being able to look him in the eye. "You better have a good fucking explanation for what you're doing."

Cho grabbed Cedric's hand. "I can explain it to you Katerina," Cho smirked. "Can't you see that Cedric loves me."

"I wasn't talking to you whore," I hissed, not leaving Cedric's eyes.

Cedric pulled Cho behind him protectively. "She said all that needed to be said."

I was a bull seeing red and a loud ringing echoed throughout my head, quieting any possible voice of reason as my hand made contact with Cedric's cheek. His head knocked to one side and a large red welt began to form. Cedric looked back at me as he instinctively brought his hand to cover his cheek, and there was a sadness, a sort of pity in his eyes that made me flinch.

Cho screamed. "You bitch, you just hit him!"

Her frantic screaming snapped me out of my momentary regret.

"You're a fucking prick Cedric," I spat. I turned to Cho, seething in fury and she only mirrored my level of anger. "I'm not done with you yet."

"How dare you threaten me!" she screamed and took out her wand, pointing it at me.

I did the same and held my wand steadily, contrary to her shakiness and the fear that started to creep on her face. Cedric froze, eyes widening. I hadn't realised that a crowd slowly drew around us but it seemed not one large enough to draw the teachers' attention.

A spell crept into my mind, swirling and eddying in the river of anger threatening to gush out. A voice repeatedly told me over and over again that I knew what the incantation was, all I had to do was say one word. One tiny word and they would experience unimaginable pain. I parted my lips, about to whisper that beautiful spell...

A hand grasped my wrist and pulled me toward the door leading outside, extinguishing the blazing fire of hatred. Curiosity took hold of me as I lifted my gaze up to the person gently holding my wrist and I could hardly stifle my shock as I saw a head of platinum blonde hair.

He pulled me into an empty classroom and slammed the door shut. "Aydin..."

I said nothing.

Malfoy sighed as he kicked out a chair from under a table. "Sit," he commanded.

I don't know what came over me but I listened as I sat down on the chair, tears unbiddenly welled in my eyes, the embers of my anger being washed over by a wave of sadness and betrayal. Malfoy took out a silken white handkerchief from his suit and handed it to me.

"Better that you are a crying mess in here than out there, hm? I look forward to seeing how you will handle this, Aydin," Malfoy said, exiting the room, the door creaking shut behind him.

My hands scrunched the smooth silk of the handkerchief as all I could see replaying in my mind was Cedric kissing Cho, and it was not a chaste kiss either. He kissed her passionately, like he desired her, loved her.

I laughed and I laughed loudly. I sounded psychotic, God I must have been the most foolish person to exist.

When I stopped, tears unwillingly spilled down my cheeks. What a fool I was. The novel reverted to its due course, Cedric and Cho are together like it should've been, while I have been cast to the side. But that didn't mean I should just let it happen.

No.

Fine Cho, you can have Cedric, that traitor can be all yours. You humiliated me in front of everyone, you made me look pathetic and I will not allow it. You wounded my pride, my reputation as soon as you kissed him when everyone knew he was my boyfriend. I will show the world what a conniving snake you are, Cho. I can't go around making empty threats can I? I smile into my hands.