CHAPTER 27

As luck would have it, unfortunately I did not have a fireplace at my apartment. I was forced to make the trek to Harry's and meet the most insufferable muggles known to exist, the Dursleys.

I dialled the number Harry gave me to the Dursley's phone. At least I had the courtesy to call them and warn them about my arrival.

A gruff voice answered the phone. "Hello. Who is this?"

"Good morning Mr Dursley, I'm Katerina, a friend of Harry's from school."

"Ah yes that blasted boy told me you were coming for that Spinach Turd Cup nonsense."

"Quidditch World Cup, sir," I calmly corrected, massaging my temple.

"Listen girl, this is the first and last time I will let you into my house, do you understand me?"

"Yes, sir," I said, not that I would ever willingly go to that hellhole again.

Walking down Privet Drive was a nightmare in itself, all the houses looked the same, from the bland brown bricks and the same dark brown tiles, even the positioning of the letterbox next to the driveway.

Number 8..... 6..... ah finally Number 4.

I walked through Petunia's well kept and extremely clean garden, with a large tree trimmed neatly and a small bush of red roses next to the door that added the littlest bit of colour. I rang the doorbell and its clanging echoed throughout the house along with the clicking of heels as a tall lanky woman opened the door.

"Hello Mrs Dursley, I am a friend of Harry's from school."

She visibly recoiled at the sound of his name. "Get inside then."

As she left the door open and turned away for me to enter, she yelled, "HARRY! Get down here now."

The thud of rushing footsteps down the stairs quickly followed. "Kat, finally." He said smiling.

Excited to see my best friend, I ran and hugged him. "Harry, so good to finally see you!"

"It's great to see you too," he said, giving me a tight squeeze before we parted and I met his green eyes. "I can't believe we are going to the Quidditch World Cup."

"I can't even contain my excitement!" I replied with equal vigour. "Do you know when Mr Weasley is coming?"

"He actually should've been here 10 minutes ago."

"Blasted wizards and their tardiness," I faintly heard Mr Dursley grumble from the kitchen.

"I think they are coming by—"

The fireplace all of a sudden erupted in green flames and spewed out a soot covered Ron, Fred and George, who tumbled out onto Petunia's perfectly spotless white carpet.

"Floo powder," I finished trying to hide my giggle as Petunia almost fainted onto the couch and Vernon dropped the spoon he was holding.

Following his children, Mr Weasley eloquently stepped out of the fireplace. "Get up boys."

Shock could hardly describe what the Dursleys were feeling now. And it just made everything all the more amusing.

***

You could never trust anyone else except Hermione to be awake half an hour earlier than everyone else. When only the cracks of dawn were peering into the windows. She had no need to, but decided to become my own personal alarm by dragging me out of bed and ushering me to the bathroom to begin getting ready before claiming her next victims. Poor unsuspecting Harry and Ron will be getting the fright of their lives.