CHAPTER 10

Harry was scowling when he came back into the common room after his Quidditch practice. Before we could even ask him what's wrong he began ranting about how they are not going to play Slytherin because Malfoy says his back and wrist is sore.

"What a load of bullshit," I said. "I was the one who seriously injured, and do you see me complaining? No. I saw Madame Pomfrey fix up Malfoy, he looked fine after we left. Too bad she couldn't fix his shitty personality."

"Exactly!" said Harry furiously. "He's obviously faking it!"

"Stupid twat," said Ron. Hermione said nothing, although she looked scandalised by the lovely descriptives we used.

"Instead we are playing Hufflepuff. They have a new seeker as well, Cedric Diggory."

I watched as a few of the girls in the common room, including Angelina, Alicia and Katie started giggling. I reached over and started drinking my warm cup of chamomile tea when Harry said, "Oh yeah, that's your boyfriend, Kat."

The tea splattered everywhere. 

"What?!" I shouted as I wiped the tea off my clothes and the room instantly went silent. If looks could kill, I would've been dead in a heartbeat. "You mean, the guy I bumped into, that's Cedric Diggory? Well, no wonder everyone likes him."

"Wait, what happened?" asked Hermione, who seemed suddenly interesting in the conversation.

"Nothing much, but when Harry and I were walking back to the common room after he had his Quidditch practice, I accidentally bumped into Cedric Diggory. My papers and books went all over the floor, and while this idiot stood there and did nothing, golden boy Diggory helped me pick up all my things."

"You should've seen her," interjected Harry. "She was staring at him the entire time even when he was walking away."

He did a terrible impersonation of me, making Hermione and Ron to laugh while I smacked his arm, amused at how stupid I must have looked.

"Yeah, but, Hermione, he is actually very good looking."

"I'll take your word for it," said Hermione.

Hermione and I left to go to the girls dormitories, where she asks more about Cedric and I gladly described him. We were chuckling at the many different scenarios we could come up with to meet him again, until we finally began to feel the effects of lethargy.

In my dream I saw Harry falling off his broomstick during the quidditich match, plummeting closer and closer to the ground.  I quickly snapped awake and scrambled out of bed to write to Dumbledore. I watched the magic paper disappear along with my quill hoping Dumbledore will see it soon. 

***

I knew this day was going to be shit when I saw Professor Snape strut into the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom, waving his wand to close all the windows before stopping at the front of the classroom to face a bunch of confused and irritated students.

"Turn to page 394," he drawled.

Although baffled by Snape's presence instead of Lupin's, we took out our theory books and opened it up to the correct page. As I flipped to the correct page, an ink drawing of a creature with drool pooling at its sharp, gnashed teeth and eyes gleaming with hunger greeted me. I scanned the page, my eyes trailing down its talons that hung beside its hair-covered body standing in front of a full moon. Wait a second... werewolves?

Harry, who was sitting beside me, asked Professor Snape, "Excuse me sir, but where is Professor Lupin?"

"He is feeling too ill to teach," replied Snape with a twisted smile. "I will be taking the class for today."