CHAPTER 34

Noah and I walked through the corridors to make our way to the entrance hall. I decided to take the longer route, because the main hallways would be filled to the brim with students, and I would rather not have to push past everyone.

"Hogwarts is very different to Durmstrang," Noah said as he looked up at the ceiling and the many paintings that hung throughout the corridor.

"In what way?"

"Durmstrang seems cold, well it is cold, freezing cold, but there is no cosy warmth. But Hogwarts... Hogwarts has this warmth about it... it feels like a home." He glanced back at me innocently as he said the last bit. "Weird isn't it?"

"No, not weird at all, I completely understand you," I replied. "It feels comfortable, homely almost, not like some big dungeon for an entire school year."

"Yes!" He exclaimed. "I have always found that Durmstrang is like a dungeon, sort of like the Azkaban of Wizarding Schools."

"So you have dementors floating around as well?" I joked.

"Not really, but if you count my Professor Poliakoff, then yes. It's like he sucks the joy out of the classroom everytime he walks in," Noah said, shivering at the thought.

I laughed. "Believe it or not, we have a teacher similar, Professor Snape. He always wears a stern expression and stares at you as if you are the dumbest person he has ever seen."

He chuckled. "Are you sure it's not just because he is staring at you?"

I punched him playfully on the arm. "Noah, I will perform a Bat-Bogey hex on you."

We reached the Entrance Hall and there were already many students there. Everyone watched as potential champions placed their names into the Goblet, each of us clapping as the flames became a light purple, then quickly reverted back to their normal blue colour. Noah took out his piece of parchment and scribbled his name down then placed it into the Goblet and I clapped for him.

"Katerina!" I heard someone yell.

I turned around to see Cedric, one hand clasping a piece of paper. He quickly walked up to me and gave me a hug. I was surprised at the sudden contact but accepted his hug politely. "I'm going to put my name in the Goblet of Fire," he said confidently.

"What?" I blurted out, shocked.

He laughed, raising an eyebrow. "You don't think I can make it?"

"No, no," I disagreed, shaking my head violently. "Forgive me for my outburst, I was surprised that's all. I can't believe it."

"I thought, why not give it a go, I wanted –"

Noah ran behind me and said, interrupting Cedric, "Well, I have to go Katerina, I will see you later."

He pressed a feather light kiss to my cheek, flashing his most charming smile. "Wish me luck," he whispered, running off to join a couple of his friends loitering at the door. He also smirked at Cedric who glowered at him in return. I never thought Cedric's kind demeanour could change so quickly

I ignored Noah. "What were you saying Cedric, sorry?"

"Who was that?" he asked, adopting a more serious tone.

"That is Noah Petrov, player for the Bulgarian Quidditch Team, student at Durmstrang and a shameless flirt." I replied, tutting. I hadn't known Noah for very long, well hardly any time at all and I was not very happy at his teasing in front of Cedric.

"Hmm," Cedric replied, gaze still lingering at the door in case Noah might just randomly pop back in.

"Are you jealous?" I asked, smiling, leaning a little bit forward to peer closer into his face.