CHAPTER 35

Usually, during the weekend everyone would have their breakfast a little later, valuing their sleep ins and breaks, but I was forced to rise early because Harry and Ron wanted to watch people put their names in the Goblet. I was less inclined considering I already saw a lot of it last night, but I relented and went with them.

Upon entering the Entrance Hall, I was surprised to see many students had the same idea, a few of them even bringing pieces of toast and bowls of cereal to watch this small spectacle. All eyes were on the Goblet of Fire standing proud in the centre of the Hall, blazing with blue fire. Around it, a thin golden line had been traced on the floor, surrounding the goblet. The Age-line.

Hermione hardly bothered to pay attention and occupied herself with a book. I should've done the same, I thought. All of a sudden the Hall erupted in cheers when Fred and George rushed inside, shouting, each holding one vial up in the air triumphantly.

"Thank you, thank you," said George as he and Fred passed the cheering Hogwarts students.

"Well lads, we did it, cooked it up this morning," Fred announced as a crowd of students surrounded them. They looked way too happy with themselves.

Hermione scoffed and chorused, "It's not going to work."

George and Fred each took a place on either side of Hermione, crouching down to her height. "And why is that Granger?" asked George.

"You see this," Hermione said pointing at the thin line traced around the Goblet. "This is an Age-Line, Dumbledore drew it himself."

"So?" Fred sarcastically asked, confused as to why the Age-Line would cause any issues in their well concocted plan.

Hermione slammed the book shut, annoyed at the twins. "So," she mocked, rolling her eyes, "a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something as pathetically dimwitted as an Aging Potion."

The twins, with amusement glittering in their eyes, ignored Hermione's warning. "But that's why it's so brilliant," chimed George.

"Because it is so pathetically dim-witted," finished Fred.

"You two are idiots," I said, a bright smile plastered on my face, knowing what was about to occur in the next few moments. Something I would never forget.

"You mean GENIUS idiots," corrected George.

They turned to look at each other, shaking their vials violently.

"Ready Fred?"

"Ready George," affirmed Fred.

"Bottoms up," they said in unison.

Crossing over their arms the Twins sculled their potions very quickly, nodding at each other before jumping over the Age-Line. When no reaction from the spell occurred, the students and Twins cheered, happy that their plan worked. They had bested one of the greatest wizards of all time. Parchment in hand they threw their names in the Goblet, paused for a moment then shouted in victory with everyone else clapping and screaming in delight.

Their moment was cut short when the Goblet reacted, sending streaks of blue fire out and around the people gathered, causing gasps and small shrieks of fear to echo throughout the room. Fred and George were thrown back by some invisible force, landing a few metres away from the Goblet, each growing long white beards. The students all burst out into laughter, and even started chanting, "Fight, fight, fight" as Fred and George tackled each other, rolling around on the floor, each seething in anger that their plan had ultimately failed.

Quickly though, everyone went quiet as Viktor Krum, along with Igor Kakaroff strolled in, both wearing a determined fiery gaze. Viktor was lean, with slightly muscular arms and he had a large curved nose with thick black eyebrows and wore a stern expression. It was hard to believe he was only twenty. He walked effortlessly through the Age-Line and surprisingly, with a gentleness I didn't expect him to have, he placed his parchment into the Goblet of Fire, directing his stare to where Hermione and I sat. His eyes landed on Hermione, and did not leave, only tearing his gaze away at the last moment before he walked out of the door. A flush crept up Hermione's cheeks.