CHAPTER 30

Before I knew it, I was back on the Hogwarts train again half listening to my friends animatedly talk about the Quidditch World Cup and the rumours that flew through the train about some special event happening this year at school. My thoughts were consuming me. The constant images flashed through my mind like a cascading river, over and over again.

"Kat?" called a voice.

"Huh?" I snapped out of my thoughts and pulled my hand back down from my chin where it rested.

"Kat, are you alright?" asked Hermione. "You're very quiet."

"Oh, um," I murmured as I tried to formulate a proper excuse. "I think I just need some air."

I quickly left my seat and walked outside the compartment releasing a sigh. I walked down the narrow corridor of the train, hopefully to take my mind off the World Cup and to prepare myself for another full school year. As I dragged my feet down the hall, I saw a young second year Hufflepuff being brutally tormented by none other than Malfoy's dimwit trolls and the ring leader himself leaning against the wall, watching with plain boredom. Theodore Nott and Blaise Zabini were also there, loitering next to Malfoy talking amongst themselves while they occasionally glanced at the bullied student.

"Malfoy, have we really resorted to bullying innocent second years?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest and adopting a confident stance.

Crabbe and Goyle looked at me and released the Hufflepuff's hoisted collar, letting him fall to the ground. He unsteadily landed on his two feet, breathing heavily as his gaze darted between Malfoy and I. Nott and Zabini halted their conversation while Malfoy donned a lazy smile and lifted his gaze up to me, pushing himself off the wall of the train to face me.

"Why don't you mind your business, Aydin?" he said.

Before things could potentially escalate, I motioned to the boy to leave who, without hesitation, quickly darted out of the way and into a compartment further down the hall. "Malfoy, I am not going to ignore you tormenting a younger student."

"How about an older student?" he questioned, amused.

"Are you that audacious?"

He scoffed. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

I wanted to throttle him, he was so infuriating. "Still. I am not going to 'mind my business' if you are harassing others, Malfoy?"

"Aydin, look around you," he opened his arms to gesture to the entire train and smirked. "Do you see anyone else stopping me?"

"That's because they fear you will come after them." I said, and to some degree I was right. Malfoy was a predator, he needed to constantly feed on his prey and if he got bored hunting one, he would hunt another.

He smiled again. "Or, they aren't as foolish."

"You—," I started. "You are despicable!"

"Aydin," he said, his tongue flicking across his full lips. "That's not what you were saying in Diagon Alley."

Theodore and Blaise snickered, obviously interpreting it as something different. That was Malfoy's intention though. His grin grew a little wider, especially as I furrowed my brows in shock.

"Don't you dare insinuate something else," I warned, pointing my finger at him.

"I'm not insinuating anything," he said, feigning confusion but I could see the enjoyment in his eyes.

"I despise you!" I said, turning around to walk back to my compartment, the chugging of the train unable to mask their light chuckling.

I opened the door of the compartment where Hermione, Harry and Ron were staying and slammed it shut, plonking myself on the seat with my arms crossed. Their chatter stopped instantly as they sensed my annoyance and sizzling fury.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐍 (Draco Malfoy x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें