CHAPTER 18

By me being sandwiched in between the two people that hated each other the most right now, I prevented world war III from occurring. It was awkward but I knew that as soon as the match started I had to find Malfoy and thwart his attempt at sabotage, however pitiful it was.

The whistling of the players speeding up into the air drew my attention to the centre of the pitch as a great gush of wind blasted into my face. The speed of Harry's Firebolt was unmatched as he zipped across the pitch, abruptly stopping high enough to get a clear view of the field, biding his time to find and catch the snitch. The other players darted across the pitch and the Quaffle was already in play as Gryffindor scored the first goal of the game. A chorus of cheers erupted from the Gryffindor stands as we all jumped excitedly in desperate hope that we would claim victory. And with Harry on the Firebolt, it was inevitable.

"I need to go to the bathroom!" I yelled to Hermione and Ron as the crowd burst into cheers and applause because Wood successfully defended the goalpost.

"ALRIGHT!" screamed Hermione back.

It took forever to move through the throngs of people packed onto the stands and in the end I gave up on being polite and just shoved past anyone who was in my way. I felt a little guilty because I knew it was not their fault, but I needed to get through, urgently.

I finally made it to the Slytherin stands when I saw Malfoy and his gang walk off to the edge of pitch, quickly darting behind one of the thicker pillars as they snickered while climbing down the stairs, elated at the prospect of succeeding. If only they knew.

"Now this is just sad, Malfoy" I said, watching them completely stop in their tracks as a black sheet was thrown over Crabbe's head.

His initial look of pure shock was quickly replaced by one of false bravado. "Why don't you just run along back to your stand and be the good little Gryffindor cheering, hm? You didn't see anything."

Before I could even register what was happening, I felt the rough edges of my gnarled wand in my hand and pointed it directly at Malfoy. He couldn't cover up his surprise this time at my bold move. We would always have spats here and there but never one that could result in a duel.

Marcus Flint smirked as he sauntered up to me with an arrogant swagger and chided, "What a pretty girl you are. Do you really think that only one of you could defeat six of us? Who's going to help you?"

He was standing very close to me and stroked my cheek, toying with me as he gave his best attempt at a dashing smile. His disgusting hand soon trailed down my neck, beginning to go down the front of my chest, there was a hunger in his eyes. With pure vehemence, I slapped his hand away, hostility in my eyes as I met his gaze.

"Who is going to help me?" I mocked with a tone of amusement. "Flipendo!"

Flint was knocked back and landed on the ground with a heavy thud. "Do I look like I need anyone to help me?" He was completely disoriented. "And don't you ever try to put your filthy hands on me again."

Malfoy quickly recovered from his shock and strided toward me, his hands slipping inside his pockets nonchalantly, but I knew that one of them was gripping his wand, ready to use it if need be. His eyes darted to the clenched fist at my side.

He smirked. "I bet your hand is just itching to strike."

Only Malfoy would want to set off the ticking time bomb that is me. I looked at him with a smile playing on my lips as I said, "No, my leg is."

He realised too late what I meant as I kicked him in the crotch. Doubling over in pain, he slumped to the ground, eyes completely widened in pure shock and agony.