CHAPTER 43

Happy New Year to everyone!! Hoping 2024 will be a great year for you all!! <3 

I slipped into my seat next to Hermione in Defence class, luckily it hardly started yet and everyone was only taking out their books.

"Why were you almost late?" Hermione asked as I placed my quill into its ink pot.

"Just got distracted," I said.

Hermione smiled. "By Cedric?"

I couldn't help but blush. "No."

"Liar," Hermione said, still smiling even as Moody walked in.

"Now!" Shouted Moody, "I am going to teach you all how to resist the Imperius Curse by putting it on each of you."

"But sir, that — it's illegal," Hermione quipped, her voice shaking slightly. "You said — to use it against another human was —"

"Dumbledore wants you taught what it feels like," Moody interrupted, his magical eye swivelling onto Hermione and fixing her with an eerie, unblinking stare. "If you'd rather learn the hard way, when someone's putting it on you so they can control you, that's fine by me. You're excused."

If Dumbeldore wanted us to learn this so bad as protection against evil wizards who could control us like this, why did he never teach me? I was only taught Occlumency and defensive spells, heck it was by my own reading that I knew what Unforgivable spells were before I was forced to use them. I suppressed a shudder as I replayed the flash of red light from my wand and the cries of agony it caused.

Moody gruffly requested us to form a line and I found myself sandwiched between Malfoy and Harry. "Watching Professor Moody control you like a puppet may almost be as amusing as when he turned you into a ferret." I whispered to Malfoy in front of me.

He angled around slightly. "Aydin, maybe he can finally make you shut up."

"You know that will never happen."

I saw him completely as he turned properly to face me and a sinister smile graced his angular face. He leaned in just marginally closer in a tantalising manner that made my heart palpitate. "It almost did, once."

Unbeckoned, my mind flashed to when Malfoy had me pinned against the table, us both breathing in heavy gasps as we slowly closed the distance between our bodies, temptation and lust drawing us closer together, until we finally snapped out of it and pushed each other out of the way with a force that almost make us stumble.

"When you have finally stopped replaying that moment in your head, Aydin, perhaps you would realise it is almost your turn."

My blush deepened. "I was not thinking about it."

He scoffed. "Yet, I can so clearly see you were."

"Malfoy," Moody growled. "Step forward."

He schooled his face into the epitome of focus and moved toward the front of the room to face Moody, preparing for the Imperius Curse. Moody flicked his wand and said, "Imperio!"

The curse took hold of Malfoy, but he was resisting. For a few seconds longer than most students he seemed to withstand the enchantment, gritting his teeth as he remained determined to keep his feet firmly on the ground. But alas, even Malfoy succumbed to the command of the curse as he jumped onto the table. He was scowling as he turned to walk back to the end of the line, not even meeting my gaze.

"Aydin, you here, now," Moody commanded, pointing to the spot in front of the desk. I walked up toward the desk and waited for him to cast the spell. "Imperio!"