CHAPTER 13

I sat on a ledge in the courtyard, waiting for a path of footprints to appear in the snow as Harry will try to make his feeble attempt at escaping the confines of Hogwarts. Did that boy ever think?

The slick coldness of snow slid down my neck, startling me to stand up and shake the snow out of my coat. An echo of laughter behind me as I turned around to find Fred and George high-fiving each other. Oh they were going to regret that.

The polished wood felt comfortable as I flicked my wand and said, "Alarte ascendare," sending a pile of snow whizzing into their faces. I giggled as they wiped the white sheet of flakes from their faces and each picked up a ball of snow from the ground and threw it at me with all their might.

I only had just enough time to mutter "Protego" and cast a shield around me, deflecting the snow.

"No fair," said Fred.

"What's the point of a snowball fight if you use magic?" complained George.

"Alright then," I relented. "But you're going down!"

With that I picked up a ball of snow and chucked at Fred, hitting him right in the chest. Distracted by my victory, I didn't notice George throw one at my face until it was too late. My nose and cheeks felt numb as the snow dripped down my face.

"George. You better start running!"

Fred and I chased George around the courtyard, throwing handfuls of snow that were no longer in the shape of a sphere. I had a lot of fun laughing with them, so much I almost forgot the real reason why I was outside. It all came rushing back to me as I saw footprints of snow begin to appear on the ground, stopping our snowball fight. We gave each other an impish look as Fred and George came up to the side of Harry, who was under the invisibility cloak and dragged him under the sandstone loggia while I trailed behind them.

"Clever Harry," said Fred.

"But not clever enough," finished George. "Besides, we have got a better way."

"Guys, I am trying to get to Hogsmeade!" exclaimed Harry desperately.

"We know," I said, rolling my eyes. "Honestly, Harry, I have been expecting you to sneak off to Hogsmeade for a while now."

While continuing to be dragged to a more remote place, Harry pleaded, "Let me go, come on guys." Only releasing him once they were in an abandoned, shabby room.

"Now Harry..." said George.

"Come and join the big boys," chorused Fred and George together.

I coughed behind them and Fred turned around saying, "What?"

Oblivious to the hint I tried to drop, I muttered sourly, "Nevermind."

Harry ripped off his invisibility cloak, hair mussed by the violent action and hissed, "What are you doing?"

"Shush!" quieted George as Fred handed him a blank bit of parchment.

"What's this rubbish?" asked Harry who was clearly annoyed that we thwarted his pathetic plan to go to Hogsmeade.

"I wouldn't call that rubbish, Harry," I say with a smile. I obviously know what Fred and George are about to give Harry because I had a dream about it before, so I thought it would be fun to watch this all play out.

Fred smirked, "'What's this rubbish,' he says. That there, is the secret to our success."

"It's a wrench giving it to you," said George. "But we decided, your needs are greater than ours. Fred if you would kindly do the honours."