CHAPTER 33

It was finally time for the other schools to arrive. Everyone in the Great Hall was buzzing with excitement and anticipation. We were all forced by the teachers to look our very best, our shirts neatly tucked into our skirts and pants, our shoes buffed and polished until they shined and our robes, pressed and ironed immaculately.

Was this a Triwizard Tournament or a school uniform fashion competition?

While walking to the Great Hall in fits of excitement, a gigantic carolina blue carriage, driven by a dozen elegant white-winged horses soared towards the school. It hurtled lower and lower towards the ground before landing with a sudden crash as the horses hooves hit the ground, the carriage landing a second later, bouncing on its golden wheels, rolling out of sight.

We missed the arrival of Durmstrang, but a few sixth years that saw it claimed they travelled by a large ship, completely submerged in the lake, before emerging entirely to let the hull of the boat gently touch the surface of the water.

"Now," started Dumbledore as he stood at the dais. "As you all know, we are hosting the Triwizard Tournament and therefore, I am pleased to introduce the delegation from Beuxbaton academy and their Headmistress, Madame Maxime!"

Girls and guys elegantly dressed in soft, silky azure uniforms strode into the hall gracefully. The girls were absolutely gorgeous with delicate, feminine features and the guys shared similar soft appearances. As they gracefully pirouetted and danced, sparkling blue butterflies fluttered around the Hall, distracting us from the Headmistress that strolled through the main entrance.

"Blimey, that's one big woman," Seamus commented as she walked past our table, her looming figure towering over us. She was probably even taller than Hagrid.

"My dear Madame Maxime," greeted Dumbledore. "Welcome to Hogwarts."

"Dumbly-dorr," said Madame Maxime in a deep voice laced with a heavy French accent as Dumbledore kissed her hand.

"And now," shouted Dumbledore. "Please welcome the delegation from Durmstrang and their Headmaster Igor Karkaroff."

A group of males and females holding long staffs marched into the Hall, hitting the ground with the bottom of their staffs, causing an eruption of sparks and leaving scorch marks on the floor. All of a sudden, a new energy overtook them and they rushed deeper into the hall, past the tables to the front of the hall, with one of the students conjuring a Griffin from fire in honour of Dumbledore, encircling him in orange and red flames.

My attention then snagged on three other figures that strolled into the Hall, a determined look crossing their features.

"Oh my god," whispered Ron. "That's Viktor Krum."

I hardly noticed Viktor Krum, I was focused on the boy next to him with the recognisable tousled chestnut hair and electric blue eyes that I saw at Little Hangleton.

Noah? He caught me staring at him as walked past my table and gave a subtle wink. The empty plate in front of me suddenly became very interesting.

"Albus!" said Karkaroff with a toothy smile, a contrasting personality to his students.

Dumbledore smiled and accepted the hug Karkaroff was giving. "Igor, a pleasure to see you."

"Now, my dear students, please sit where you feel comfortable and let us all feast together!" said Dumbledore.

Noah almost bolted right to me. I shot up from my chair, startling poor Hermione who was sitting next to me. Harry and Ron dropped their forks at how quickly Noah sought my company, eyeing him up and down. Shock could hardly describe what I was feeling. "Noah, I can't believe it. You're a wizard from Durmstrang?"