59

"Hey, I need to talk to you for a second," George whispered, tugging his twin behind the others. He waited a little until they were further away before they started walking. "Minnie asked to pick up Alec from class for a wand-weighing thingy, so I went to pick her up. I – I may have asked her if she and Jack were serious, like a couple."

"And?" Fred asked impatiently.

"She says it's casual. Just friends who are having fun."

"That's great." He grinned, then saw George's fallen face. "Isn't it?"

"Then she asked about us, with the fact that we haven't had a girlfriend or hook-up this year." He ran a hand through his hair. "I just told her we were enjoying the single life."

"Not a bad answer." Fred cocked his head, still confused at the solemn face of his twin.

"Just wait... then she asked if it was because of her. Because she heard from someone that you or I might like her as more than just friends.

"And you screwed up that perfect opening?" His eyes were wide.

"Yeah. I told her we were just great friends, nothing more."

"Fuck, George!"

"I know, I panicked! I didn't want to push or scare her away. And we decided we should tell her together, so what was I supposed to do?" He groaned, pulling his hair a little.

"It's okay, twin-o-mine." Fred clapped his back. "I'm guessing she has a lot on her head already with the tournament and Black." Harry had told them, that Black never congratulated her on becoming a champion, or even acknowledged it. And they knew, even when she didn't speak about it, it had hurt her.

"What do we do now?"

"The same as we've been doing for the past year," Fred said, running a hand through his hair. "Be there for her, flirt a little, do things we don't do for other girls. But I still think we need to see if she gets jealous. Even though she says the thing with Jack is just some fun, it doesn't mean she likes us, like we like her."

"I still don't like the plan." George grumbled as they reached the great hall.

"Do you see that?" Lee asked as they stopped in front of the great hall. The twins stepped up next to him and yes, they saw it. Alec was sitting with the other Champions. A strong magical buzz was glowing around them as they talked intensively. Even though Harry looked small next to the others, it seemed like his magic was buzzing alongside the others.

"What is that?" Angelina asked.

"Magic." The twins breathed, they recognized Alec's magic intertwined with the others. "Powerful magic."

"Do they know what they are doing?"

"I don't think so." George mused. He didn't think she could hear them, but still Alec turned around. She smiled as she saw them at the entrance hall. She gestured them over and when the others looked up too, the buzz of magic started to dissipate.

"That was scary and hot at the same time." Fred whispered before they walked into the great hall, and George couldn't help but nod in agreement.

"Hey, Harry." I said when Harry appeared in the old training room. I was a bit bummed that Professor McGonagall disbanded the club since I was going to enter the tournament, I understood but I was still bummed out. My lesson with the Potion's master has been postponed as well because of the tournament.

"Hey." He smiled. "So, what's the plan tonight?" He hopped on the desk next to me.

"I thought we could practice some spells and muggle defence. We don't know what we need to prepare for, but we better do as much as we can."