20

The next morning when I reached the great hall, Nott was waiting for me at the large doors. He was casually leaning against the wall, one foot placed against it. When he saw me arrive, he pushed himself off and walked over.

"Morning." He grinned. "Care to join me?"

"Sure." I smiled at him, when we walked into the great hall, my eyes fell to the Gryffindor table and I saw the group looking at me, but I walked towards the Slytherin table with Nott. "Good morning." I said to Draco, Zabini and the younger Nott, when I sat down across from them.

"Morning." Zabini smiled. "I've got to say, you certainly kicked Crabbe's ass yesterday. He doesn't want to come out of his room." He snickered.

"Should I watch my back?" I said with a grin.

"Salazar no!" Draco huffed. "I think he doesn't dare to come close to you ever again." He chuckled.

"I probably won't see him next week then. Boys and their egos." I rolled my eyes and chuckled as the other ones pursed their lips at me. "You guys are coming, right?" I asked, as my eyes drifted behind Draco and fell on the twins, who were looking at the boy next to me, Nott, with a glare.

"Wouldn't want to miss it. I volunteer to be your partner." Zabini winked at me.

"Sorry, that place is already taken." Nott said next to me. I slowly turned to him with a raised eyebrow.

"Is it now?"

"I think I volunteered right after class, remember?" His dark brown stormy eyes on me, his look was intense, and I had to push down the blush that wanted to creep up.

I licked my lips as I didn't pull my gaze away, I saw Nott's eyes flicker to my lips for a second. "I thought you said, you were going to think about it."

"I guess I made up my mind then." You could feel the tension rise between us, the other three Slytherins shared glances before Draco finally cleared his throat and we looked away from each other. I looked down at my still untouched plate, while Nott looked smug with his grin and leaned back. I started on my breakfast when the morning post came flying in. A large eagle owl flew over the Gryffindor table, but when it didn't spot me, he looked over the other tables until he found me. He flew over with one large stroke of his wings and landed between my plate and Draco's. He stuck out its foot. I untied the letter and gave the owl a piece of my bacon. The owl nibbled on it before flying back out of the great hall. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it was from the examination office.

"Is it something bad?" Nott asked as he leaned closer, but then he saw where the letter came from. He placed a hand over my trembling hand. "It's good news, trust me."

"I need to open this with my uncle."

"Of course." He said as he watched me stand up. I took the letter firmly in my hand and my eyes scanned the head table. Remus had seen me stand up and when I found his eyes, I gestured to the letter. He gave a short nod and stood up. I went to turn and walked out of the great hall but halted and leaned down.

"I'll find you later with the news, good or bad."

"Good news." He smiled and I kissed his cheek before walking out of the room quickly. In the corner of my eyes, I saw the twins stand up and go to follow me out, but I didn't turn around and changed into Loki the moment I was alone.

Five minutes later, Moony and I were sitting in our chambers, the letter on the coffee table in front of us. The twins had come knocking a few minutes ago, but Remus sent them away, saying I wasn't there. He didn't ask me what was going on, but I knew he had an inkling.

"Ready, cub?" He asked, looking from the letter to me. I took in a deep breath before I reached for the envelope. With a little shake in my hand, I tore the letter open. He placed a reassuring and grounding hand on my shoulder as I unfolded the letter.