22

I was lying on my stomach on the carpet in front of the fireplace finishing my essay for Transfiguration when Moony walked in. He kicked off his shoes near the door and walked over. He kissed the top of my head before sitting down at his desk in front of me.

"Uncle Moony?" I asked, leaning on my arms to look at him. He looked up from the papers he had just taken out of his bag. "Draco invited us to celebrate Christmas or New Year's with him and Aunt Cissy."

"I don't think Lucius would invite either of us, cub."

I pushed myself all the way up until was sitting on my knees, the quill tucked behind my ear. "Aunt Cissy is leaving him, for real this time. So, it would be just Draco, Aunt Cissy and us."

"I would like to have you here for Christmas. Don't want to miss our tradition." He smiled, and I felt the same way. We always celebrated Christmas together, if it was just cooking together or eating out. "And I would like to see Narcissa again, but I don't think it's the right time for that. Especially with the full moon that just passed then. You can go for New Year's if you want."

"But what about you? I don't want to leave you." I looked up to him with large eyes. I was afraid he would feel lonely and rejected for leaving him, especially right after the full moon.

"I will be okay, Alec. New Year's is two days after the full moon. I'll probably just sleep the whole time since there are no classes."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." He smiled at me. That smile, I recognized had nothing but honesty behind it.

"Alright. But I'm coming with you on the full moon." I pointed out with my quill that I just had retrieved from my hair.

"Wouldn't have expected anything else." His smile was still in place. "If you're finished, we should head to the club room, to set everything up."

"Almost done. Just need to -" I scribbled another three sentences on the parchment before rolling it up. "You'll look at it later?" I asked walking over.

"Of course. Now go change." He ushered me away as he took the parchment from me.

I was wearing a faded pink training suit as I was walking around the room barefooted, checking to see all the mats aligned perfectly, leaving no gaps. I heard the third to fifth years walk in the classroom, and even though I said they shouldn't come, the twins appeared behind Angelina and Lee. They looked around the room with interest before their eyes landed on me and gave me a lopsided grin. When I saw the familiar blond head walk in, I pushed the last blue mat to the right place with my foot, before going over to the Slytherin group.

"Hey, cousin." I grinned as I watched him take off his shoes. He was now wearing a real tracksuit, not those fancy trousers that didn't give with your movement. I had written to his mother and explained the situation and the next day a neatly wrapped package arrived at the Slytherin table over breakfast. Draco had sent me a look when he read the card, but I couldn't help but grin at him. "Nice tracksuit."

"It's horrendous." He huffed, tucking his socks in his shoes. And he leaned closer when he stood back up. "But it's so comfortable." He whispered.

I couldn't help the burst of laughter that escaped from his confession. And even with the eyes that fell on us, Draco couldn't help the grin that appeared on his lips. I leaned against the wall next to him. "You're welcome then. Oh, and if the invitation still stands, I would love to come over for New Year's."