50

Since apparition classes only started in November, I needed to use a floo to get to Malfoy Manor. I didn't pack a bag the afternoon of the full moon, since I had everything I needed at the Manor. I quickly switched my robes for my baggy sweatpants with a cropped sweater on top before I headed down to the common room. The group was waiting for me to head to the great hall for dinner.

"Hey-" George started but stopped when he turned to me. "Why did you go change?"

"I'm not coming to dinner with you. I have a meeting with my potion's masters." I lied through my teeth.

"And you're wearing that?" Angelina grinned, pointing to my casual clothes.

"He said wear something comfortable because we'll be brewing all night to see what I can do."

"All night?" Fred asked.

"Don't know if it will literally all night, but don't wait up for me. At least you know where I am." I lied again.

"How will you get there?" Angelina asked.

"I'll walk to Hogsmeade and then floo from the three broomsticks." I glanced at my watch. "But I should really be going."

"We'll walk you." The twins offered with a tremendous smile. I was starting to decline, but they looked so hopeful.

I smiled at them. "You won't mind missing dinner?"

"We'll snag something from the kitchens later." Fred grinned.

"Then I would love the company." I stepped between them and looped my arms through theirs. I looked over my shoulder to Angelina, Lee and Alicia. "I'll see you guys in the morning."

"Go show him what you got, Alec." Lee gave me a thumbs-up. I chuckled as the twins led me out of the common room.

The twins were leading me to the front doors of the castle, but I stopped a few metres away. "Uhm - can we go through Honeydukes passageway?"

The twins looked over my head towards each other before shrugging. "Yeah, sure." And we turned around.

"So, why did you want to take the secret passageway?" Fred asked as he pushed away a cobweb.

"Dunno." I shrugged a little. "Looked like it was going to rain. So, found a way yet to enter the tournament?"

"I'm glad you mention it." Fred started.

"Because we found the right potion yesterday. It's an ageing potion."

"Just to add a couple of months."

"Hm." I hummed as I thought it over.

"You don't think it's going to work?" George asked softly. I turned to him with a sad smile.

"Depends on what precautions Dumbledore and the ministry will take. But my guess is that they will know how to block an ageing potion."

"Fuck." They chorused.

"I'm sorry." I said biting my lower lip.

"It's not-" George started but his eyes flickered down to my lips. He breathed in deep and licked his own lips before his eyes shot back up. "It's not your fault. We'll look for a backup plan."

I quickly let go of my lip and cleared my throat, looking at the darkly lit passage.

"Are you going to enter?" Fred asked as we kept walking.