3

"HURRY!" I screamed through the hallway as I tugged on my ankle boots. I looked around the living room, boxes lined against the walls and saw my book still on the dinner table. I went to go grab it, but nearly fell over my damn trunk. Cursing softly, I hopped to the table to pick up my book.

"I'm here! I'm he- What happened?" Remus stopped in his tracks as he saw me limp.

"Just bumped my shin against the trunk," I grumbled and glared at the wrongdoer. I turned to look at my uncle, who was standing there with his coat half on and a trunk in one hand. "Klaar om te vertrekken?" [Ready to go?]

"Speak English, cub."

"I'm not in Hogwarts yet." I pointed out. "My English is perfect, you know that." I huffed as I put on my black coat over my blue robes. "So, I can speak Dutch or French to you if I want to." I stuck my tongue out at my guardian. My uncle put his trunk on the floor and placed his hands on my shoulders and searched my eyes.

"Are you sure you are okay with going to Hogwarts? To move to England?"

"Yes. I know we can't stay here. It's been fun while it lasted and to our surprise, we stayed here much longer than we anticipated."

He chuckled lightly, letting his hands drop. "I know, five years. Must be a record." He grinned. "But I know you made friends here, good friends. Transferring you to another school, at fifteen."

"Fifteen and ten months." I clicked my tongue, and he just shook his head with a grin. "I'll be fine, I promise." I glanced at my watch. "But we better get going, or we will be late."

"Alright, alright. You know..." Remus started slowly as I put my finger on the yellow plastic cup. My book was tucked into my coat and my trunk in my free hand. "Good things come to those who wait."

"You know what happens if we wait? We miss the train!" Uncle Moony laughed as we disappeared from the house, we had lived in for the past five years.

Our little yellow portkey had transported us to an empty room in King's Cross train station. I glanced around the corner to see the hustle of people going about. Remus had pulled a cart from the hallway and placed our trunks on it. I tucked my outer robes a little tighter around me and turned to look at him.

"Why do I need to wear my Beauxbatons robes to Hogwarts?" I grumbled a little.

"I already told you, cub. Professor Dumbledore asked. It's to show the students the possibilities and that friendships can be made outside of Hogwarts."

I held the door open for my uncle as he pushed the trolley out. He looked worn, the full moon wasn't that long ago, and you could see it. I was happy for him, delighted even. But I was afraid that the lycanthropy would stand in the way of his teachings. Remus had gotten the message from Dumbledore to teach Defence Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts this year, and since he just lost his job in Belgium after his employer died, he didn't have a choice. He didn't want to take it at first, as he didn't want to leave me, or wanted me to change schools. But I couldn't let him pass on this opportunity, certainly not after he took me in and uprooted his life. The fact that I needed to meet new people, didn't scare me. The fact that Hogwarts' lesson plan was entirely different than Beauxbatons is what frightened me. Beauxbatons also didn't have houses you get sorted into. So, yeah things will be different, a lot. But I think I can manage. So, I told Remus to take the job and since we had to wrap up everything at home, and with the full moon, we couldn't come sooner and were now walking through the station on September 1st, 1993, as we would both take the train to Scotland. Dumbledore was surprised at the mention that Remus had a ward and asked to know more about me. But Remus was tight-lipped, I was his responsibility and Dumbledore would just have to wait like everyone else.