EWB 34

Caleb

"We'll see" Hailey said as she smirked and closed the door.

We'll see.

Okay, bet. I can work with that. I thought as a smile quickly rose up to my lips before I drove off, having a newfound sense of hope.

Ok, it's not too late.

No.

I mean it's not, but I seriously need to stop thinking these kind of things.

Hailey has a boyfriend. Hailey has a boyfriend.

And I seriously gotta keep that in mind.

Despite the banging hangover I got the next day, I decided to get up early and get breakfast for me and Casey. I mean, just because I had the small amount of energy to get up doesn't mean I had the energy to cook or even make coffee, so I went out.

The noise outside this time of day definitely wasn't helping the pounding on my head, but as soon as I got a sip from my coffee, it all started to go away.

I left Casey still asleep, but as soon as I got back, she was already awake as she stared at her phone screen with an extremely sad look all over her face, that she quickly expertly replaced as soon as I entered the apartment.

"Morning" I told her as I headed to the kitchen to take out the food I got out of the bag.

"Where you been?" she asked as she stretched her arms out and got out of the couch.

"Breakfast" I answered as I handed her a cup of coffee. She sipped out of it and sighed before sitting across from me.

"How's River?" I asked her, instantly changing the look on her face 

"Better" Casey simply answered as we both sipped our coffee in silence before actually digging in our food. 

The silence was actually comforting since I get both our heads were pounding and all I wanted was some peace and quiet... until she opened her mouth.

"You drive Hailey back to her place last night?" she asked

"After you wouldn't let her get out of the car, yeah" I answered nonchalantly, trying not to make a big deal out of it especially when I remembered the last thing Hailey said last night.

"Huh" Casey said as she leaned back and sipped her coffee in a slow and long manner just to build up tension. Unlucky for her, I was still calm and cool.

"What?" I asked as I looked up at her for a moment, then looked back when I felt her stare burning into me the whole time. "What?"

"Nothing I just... recalled hearing her in here before I completely passed out" Casey said before she gave me another intimidating look.

"Yeah, she helped me bring your fat ass up in here then I drove her back to her place" I answered, almost sounding too defensive, which only amused Casey as a smirk rose through her face, making me feel uncomfortable so I looked up at her and had a staring contest with her.

"You gonna stop staring at me or what?" I asked

"Geez, someone's in a bad mood so early in the morning" Casey said as she sipped on her coffee. I took a deep breath to calm myself down because I seriously did not need my sister all up in my ass while my head was pounding. Once I exhaled, I grabbed the now empty food container and got out of my seat.

"Because you aren't ready yet and your flight leaves in a couple of hours" I told Casey as I flashed her a small smile and headed to where my trash can was.