EWB 35

Hailey

Today felt like a good day. Even with the hangover.

I entered my apartment feeling in a weird good mood, even though I basically had to suffer the entire afternoon reading my notes and having to deal with Caleb's annoying ass. 

As I changed into my pjs and got comfortable, my phone began ringing, signaling my daily Facetime calls with Dean.

"Hey" I answered a bit cheery, making Dean smile.

"You're unusually cheery for someone who had a hangover" Dean said, making me freeze up for a second as I realized my unusual good mood. 

"Well, yeah. I managed to read all the shit I need to for classes tomorrow despite having a hangover, so I'm pretty proud of myself today" I answered, making me feel a bit guilty. It wasn't a lie, but it rolled off my tongue so naturally, it felt like I was lying. 

Not to Dean, but to myself. 

"That's nice, I'm proud of you baby girl" Dean said, making me blush a bit.

"Thanks" I answered before he started telling me about his day. It was the usual conversation--him ranting about how tired he is about having to do work stuff even on Sundays, how much he misses me and all the nice things that's happened to him today. 

"I wish one of us could visit the other already" I told him as I rested my chin on my pillow and looked up at my phone screen.

"I know baby, just let me finish all the stuff I need to do, then I'm heading there first thing" he answered with a reassuring smile, making me smile back at him at the thought of finally being with him again after being away for a couple of months already.

I mean I was starting to get used to not having him around, but given the amount of time that I've been living with him, I sure as hell missed having him around. 

Not to mention how he'd wake me up in the cutest ways, which always made me wake up earlier than I usually did. Now, I was back to having to rush every single morning.

Once I felt my system slowly start to shut down, I told Dean I was going to sleep and ended the call. And as soon as I did, I instantly fell asleep the moment I closed my eyes.

The whole week was a blur and honestly kind of boring.

It was all quizzes, recitations, study sessions... basically nothing in particular stood out. I just lived through the week doing the same routine that I had been doing since I got here. 

By Friday, however, before our last class for the week ended, our professor made us stay for a bit for some announcements.

"As you all know, I am taking a couple of freshmen under my wing for an internship with my firm. And if you're one of the lucky ones to get picked, you will help me deal with one of the big cases I'm about to handle right now. As you know, my firm handles corporate cases, so those of you who are doing great at my class have a higher chance at being a part of my team. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean that those who are average at this class won't stand a chance, so I suggest that you all apply. Forms for application are available at the Dean's office" my professor said before finally dismissing us and leaving the room while everyone started talking about the internship. 

"Man, this feels like How to Get Away With Murder" Max said as he walked over to us while he gripped on the strap of his backpack with one hand, and held on his law books with the other.

"Eh, we'll be fine. It's corporate law, so there's no murder in there. I think" Jake answered before we all went out of the classroom while we changed the subject as to where we were gonna go for dinner.