EWB 12

Caleb

Shit why did I fucking kiss Hailey!?

But more importantly, why the fuck was she kissing back?!

Despite so many thoughts running through my mind while I mentally prayed that Hailey would stop kissing me back, for some reason... I didn't wanna stop.

We were full on making out in my car, and we both just... let it happen. God it's gonna be so awkward when we get back to the party.

Thankfully, my phone started ringing loudly, evidently breaking the kiss as I answered Casey's call.

"Yeah?"

"Where the hell are you two? The party's in 30 minutes!" Casey screamed through the other end, which made me pull my phone away from my ear so I don't go deaf.

"Traffic, but we'll be there in 5" I assured Casey. In my defense, the traffic part was true.

As soon as Casey ended the call, I turned the engine back on and drove back to the apartment as quick as possible, not only because Casey was already furious, but also because I was stuck in my car with Hailey, and the longer it took for us to be alone, the more suffocating the air was gonna be. 

In a "our clothes are gonna be flying to the backseat" type of way, anyway. 

All I could think of the whole drive back was what the hell was wrong with me?

And from the side of my eye, I could see Hailey was deep in her own thoughts as well, yet neither one of us decided to talk or at least acknowledge whatever it was that just happened.

As soon as I parked in front of the building, I faced her.

"Grab the pizza boxes, I'll get the rest" I told her, and without waiting for her response, I got out of the car and went to the trunk to get the stuff. Hailey got out of the car afterwards and slowly walked towards me, but I wanted to avoid eye contact with her so much I just grabbed the pizza boxes and handed them to her before closing the trunk and heading inside the building.

Of course that still meant that we still had a couple of minutes of awkwardness when we get to the elevator, but I had a plan.

As soon as we both got in, I immediately brought my phone out and called Casey to tell her that we were already in the elevator.

If I had to do some sort of contortionist act in the elevator just to avoid the awkwardness I have willingly put on myself, I would.

As soon as Hailey and I got back to the apartment, the whole place was already decorated and Casey and River were busy laughing at something while sitting at the breakfast bar.

"Oh great you're here!" Casey said as she and River got off the bar stools to help us with the stuff, which I was thankful for because at least I didn't have to interact with Hailey anymore.

And I was avoiding eye contact with her so much that I began wandering around the apartment and noticed the keg and the rest of the alcohol on the floor behind the bar. How they managed to get that, I had no idea.

Soon, everyone Casey invited started showing up.

And considering that it was also my party, my friends started showing up as well, which meant I had a couple more people to interact with than my sister, her boyfriend, and her best friend.

Who I just stupidly kissed earlier. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

"Are you seriously telling us that we're the only people you invited?" Matthew asked me as he sipped from his red cup.