EWB 2

Caleb on the media

Caleb

Nothing infuriates me more than how Hailey Carmen infuriates me.

I knew for a fact that she was gonna be stupid enough to leave Casey alone at that party, and I wasn't gonna let her irresponsible choices ruin my sister. Again.

It wasn't Hailey's fault the first time, but considering that she's Casey's best friend, she should've known the gravity of the situation when it comes to Casey.

"Caleb wait!" Hailey shouts from a distance, but I didn't stop walking. If something happened to my sister, I swear to fucking god!

"Caleb!" As my mind got clouded with irrational thoughts, Hailey managed to catch up to me and grabbed me by my arm to stop me. I mean, what did I expect from someone who was on the track and field in high school?

God, I hate myself for knowing that detail about her. I mean, I did grow up with her.

I quickly pull my arm off her grip, but she wouldn't budge.

"I'm sorry okay? I know you want to keep Casey safe, but I also know how much she wants to start living her life again" Hailey tells me. I pass her a glance before looking down at my arm on her hand, making her look at it as well before finally letting my arm go.

I took a deep breath. She was right.

I wanted to keep Casey safe,  but I also wanted her to live a normal life again. But I wasn't gonna let this bitch know that, so instead, I start walking again. Calmly, this time, with Hailey still on my tail.

As soon as we reach the frat house, I turn to her, knowing full well that I wouldn't be able to get in.

"Get Casey" I tell her. Without any objections, she nods and starts walking towards the front door.

Before she could go in, however, the door opens and out comes an extremely drunk Casey who is being escorted out by some dude, and I take that as my cue to get her.

"Oh my god, is she okay?" Hailey asks as she slings Casey's arm on her shoulder

"She's fine. I offered to take her home but she's too drunk to even walk" the guy said before noticing my presence.

"I'll take it from here" I tell him as I sling Casey's arm off his and puts it on mine

"Are you... her... boyfriend?" the guys asks in a slightly nervous tone.

"Twin brother" I answer without passing him a glance, since my focus was fully on Casey, and some random guy was not worth my time.

"I could help you carry her, bro" he offers "I don't think Hailey could carry Casey"

I pass a glance at Hailey, who looks like she was struggling to carry half of Casey's weight on her shoulder, so I face Casey.

"Hey. Weirdo" I tell her as I lightly shake her, immediately earning a groan from her "I'm gonna carry you on my back okay? So don't puke on me again" I add. She groans again as an answer before I grab her other arm and sling it on me so I could lift her and carry her on my back.

And as soon as Casey was settled, I turned to look at the dude.

"I'm good, but thanks" I tell him before finally walking out of there with Hailey still on my tail.

The entire walk back to the apartment was silent.

To be fair, there wasn't anything to talk about.

And definitely not with Casey's best friend.