EWB 43

You a G if you gone this far. Sheeeeeeet I can't even express how thankful I am that ya'll like what I write. Also I'm so sorry it took me this long to write this end, but I needed this ending to be worth the wait because you guys deserve that. But we're here. We're really here. At the end.

Hope I see you guys at Book 2!

Hailey

"Hailey, wait this is not what it looks like I swear!" Dean said as he quickly took a step back from being in between his secretary who was half-sitting on the edge of his desk with her legs open.

You know what the funny part was about this whole thing? It was the fact that I should be completely enraged about the fact that I just caught my fiance' mid-fucking his secretary.

Instead, I was here, feeling relieved as fuck.

Of course, while my body was drowning in relief and all the guilt was finally out of my body, my mouth had other plans.

"You're cheating on me?!" I said in the calmest voice I could.

Well, I say calm. It was more me trying to not scream at him.

In my defense, while I've been a complete asshole to him, I still loved him. And right now, I was having a complete deja vu of how my first relationship went. Damn, I sure do know how to pick them huh.

Once Dean had his pants zipped up, he quickly walked over to me and grabbed my arms.

"Baby, let me explain" he said as he looked straight into my eyes.

And I wanted to look at him with a disappointed and hurt look, but I couldn't. I just looked at him blankly and waited for him to continue.

Of course, before that could happen, his secretary tried to finesse her way out of the office, but before she could, I quickly got a hold of her arm and pulled her back into the office.

"And where are you going sweetheart?" I asked as the secretary looked down, feeling ashamed. It was actually super funny to me because she knew fully well that she was just fucking an engaged man and now she had the audacity to look ashamed. Neither one of them could look me in the eye so I scoffed and pulled out of Dean's grip before laughing sarcastically like a villain as I shook my head.

"I'm waiting. Talk" I told Dean in the calmest voice. He quickly passed a glance to his secretary, but I guess he was too tongue-tied to even explain so I turned my gaze towards the secretary who still couldn't look me in the eye.

"Since when?" I asked. And when neither one of them would talk, I let out a scoff and rolled my eyes. "So its been going on for a while huh"

Dean looked up at me through his eyelashes, and when his eyes met mine, the shame quickly made him look back down. I was getting impatient and I really wanted to leave so I took that as an answer and took a deep breath.

"Okay, just answer me this" I began "Had this been going on before you even proposed to me?"

Dean let out a sigh as he gulped before slowly looking up to meet my eye again.

"Y-yes" Dean answered.

And as soon as the words left his mouth, the smile quickly rose up to my face, evidently surprising Dean because that definitely wasn't the expression he was expecting.

If it was a sarcastic, angry smile, then yeah, maybe.

But a genuine smile of joy?

Definitely not.

As Dean's eyebrows slowly scrunched up in confusion, I looked down at my hand and slowly took the ring off my finger. Dean stepped forward in an attempt to protest, probably, but I just walked over to him, grabbed his hand, and placed the ring on his palm before planting a kiss on his cheek.