EWB 17

Hailey

(Day of "accident")

"What happened?" Maddie asked as soon as I arrived inside our classroom. My friends immediately turned to face me with worried looks all over their faces.

"Casey's brother was just being a dumbass, but nothing serious. He's fine" I told them nonchalantly as I waved at them dismissively and sat down.

"Wait, Casey has a brother?!" Chris asked in shock as he flashed me the biggest teasing, and I simply rolled my eyes.

"Yeah. He was at Dean's party too" I answered "Casey and him are twins"

"Really? Which one was he?" Chris asked

"Remember when I went up to Dean's loft?" I began as they nodded "Then I came back down and dragged some black haired dude out of there?"

"That's Casey's brother?!" Maddie asked

"No" I told her, making her face fall "That was Casey's... boyfriend... but if I didn't drag him out of there, he would've gotten beaten up by the dude with the dark brown hair behind him. Said dark brown haired dude is Casey's brother"

My friends started to think back to that party, trying to recall who I was talking about, but given the confused looks all over their faces, I guess it was safe to assume that they didn't notice Caleb back then

"Oh. Well, I don't remember him..." Gina said "but given how much of a hottie Casey is, I think it's safe to assume that his brother is a papi, amirite or am I right?" she added, making me subtly glare at her for some reason, like hearing one of my friends say that Caleb was attractive felt kind of... illegal.

"Wait, hang on" Chris interrupted, making us turn to him as a realization slowly hit him and he pointed at me with his index finger "There's something with you and Casey's brother, huh?"

I froze as my eyes doubled its size, while the rest of my friends had their mouths formed into an 'O' as that realization hit them as well.

"Oh my god! Is that why you've been avoiding Dean?!" Maddie said out loud. And I guess they took my now-redder than a tomato-face and silence as a yes, that they instantly began squealing.

"Hey! Hey!" I interrupted, considering that our other classmates had already started to look our way "Could you be any louder? Jesus Christ"

"So are you?" Gina asked

"We're...." I didn't really know how to make whatever it was that I had going on with Caleb sound PG, to be honest "...friends"

"Ahh. So you're sleeping with him" Chris filled in for me, making me even more embarrassed I wanted to dig a hole and crawl under it right then and there as the teasing smirks from my friends grew.

Well. At least they now knew why I had been avoiding Dean.

As soon as their teasing died down, however, something clicked.

"Wait, so how are we gonna do the interview with Dean then?" Gina asked as they all turned to me. I took a deep breath. Clearly, everything with Dean was gonna go completely professional, and now that they knew about me and Caleb, hopefully, they'd help me out.

"I mean, I'm still free tonight if you guys are still up for it" I told them

"Sure. Imma text him now" Maddie said, and as if on cue, our professor enters our room and we all face front.

But as soon as our professor starts talking, my mind starts going somewhere.

Specifically, on someone.