EWB 3

Hailey

I feel like the universe hates me right now, because not only was my bedroom apparently exactly on the other side of Caleb's, but the wall was so damn thin, and I could hear the motherfucker having sex!

Holy fuck!

"Oh my god, Caleb!" The girl getting rammed by the asshole at this moment moaned. I groaned and covered my ears with my pillow to try and muffle the sound, but it was as if the asshole knew what was going on, because before I knew it, Caleb's bed began squeaking and hands were slamming on the wall.

So I slammed my hand on the wall a couple of times as well, stopping any noise from the other side.

"People are trying to sleep here!" I shouted.

But before I could finally celebrate, I heard Caleb and the rando laugh before continuing their act.

This. Fucking. Asshole.

I was running out of options so instead of letting my ears get tortured, I got up and grabbed my blanket and phone, as well as my headphones, and went to my living room.

Luckily, while the noise pollution was still somewhat evident in the living room, it was a bit muffled now and nothing that my headphones can't solve so I made myself comfortable on the couch while listening to my playlist until I eventually fell asleep.

I was, however, slightly confused as to why I was on the couch instead of my bedroom the next day until I realized why.

I began thinking about moving to the other bedroom or snitching to Casey, but when I realized that neither would help my case, since I could still probably hear everything even if I move to the other room considering the thin walls, and if I snitched, he was just gonna think of some other way to annoy the shit out of me, so I decided I was just gonna take it as an advantage to my case.

And since everything was now quiet, I decided to head back to my room and get the good goddamn sleep I deserve.

The first thing that entered my mind after waking up and all the haze was gone was the fact that I had an urgent matter I had to deal with.

Specifically, the person on the other side of my bedroom.

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't spend hours thinking of how to deal with it, but eventually by lunch, it was as if a light bulb appeared on top of my head along with the grin that formed on my face.

And no, my revenge wasn't as disgustingly horrifying as what Caleb just did last night to disrupt my peace.

I just need to find the perfect timing to execute my pettiness.

"You headed somewhere?" I ask Casey as I fumble around my bag for my keys and give my best friend a one-over. She looked so dressed up and put together, meanwhile I had just finished a 14-hour study session at the library for a quiz tomorrow.

"I'm going on a date. Again" Casey answers a bit too excited. I squint my eyes at her and cross my arms over my chest as I lean on my door, which I conveniently haven't unlocked yet.

"You've been going out with River an awful lot lately" I teased as a smirk slowly grew on my face, making her roll her eyes.

"It's not what you think. We're just friends" Casey defended, but I wasn't buying it.