EWB 1

Hailey on the media

Hailey

"Are you sure you have everything?" Mom asked as she looked around my apartment. I was still busy unpacking my stuff and taking stuff out of their boxes, so I definitely wouldn't know for sure if I did, indeed, have everything.

But just to put my and my mom's mind at ease, I say yes.

"More boxes coming through" dad says as he and my younger brother Hans comes through the door with more boxes and drops them on the floor before opening them.

As I placed some of the decorations on the shelf, Hans slowly walked towards me and leaned forward so I could hear him whisper whatever stupid bs he had in mind. While I stood at an average 5'5, my younger 15 year old brother was already a 6 footer and growing.

"I am so getting your room when we get back home" Hans said, making me roll my eyes. He always had his eyes on my room which, was no surprise, was bigger than his, and now that I was gone, he was gonna get whatever he wanted. It was the downside of being the older sibling and the least favorite child. You got to watch your younger sibling get whatever the hell they wanted on your parent's command.

But instead of succumbing to his annoying bs, I simply rolled my eyes and ignored him before facing our parents.

"Dad, I'm starving" I told my parents.

"Alright then, we'll go eat" dad said as he and mom stopped doing whatever they were doing "Hailey, call the Kirks and invite them to lunch"

"But—" I protested, but dad immediately gave me that stern look that meant he wasn't gonna take any 'buts' so I sighed and just did what I was told, scratching my head in annoyance as I went out of my apartment.

Casey's apartment was literally just next to mine and their apartment's door was just a couple of feet from mine.

And like what I was trying to avoid, as soon as I knocked, it was unfortunately opened by the person I didn't wanna see at this moment.

"What?" He asked in his annoyed tone and blank stare as he leaned on the door frame and crossed his arms over his chest. Considering I wasn't having any of his bs right now, I chose to ignore his condescending attitude and went straight to what it was that I was supposed to do here.

"We're going to lunch. Dad said to invite you guys" I told him in an equally condescending tone that matched his.

Caleb simply sighed in annoyance and turned to look at everyone else inside.

"Guys, you hungry yet? The Carmens are..." Caleb gave me a glance and looked at me up and down from the side of his eye in a judgmental manner before turning back again "starving. And heading to lunch"

Did... did he just imply that I have an eating disorder?! This fucking asshole I swear to god!

Before I could tell him off, however, Mrs. Kirk started walking towards the door to see what was going on.

And as soon as she saw me, she flashed me a huge smile.

Despite the fact that I hated the person standing in front of me, there was absolutely no denying that Caleb was an attractive human being. Well, physical wise, anyways.

And there was not an inch of a doubt that he and Casey, as well as their older brother Cameron, got the good genes from both their parents.

Amanda Kirk was blonde, had a petite figure and an angelic face that made her look ten years younger than she really was. Casey and Cameron inherited the blonde hair and angelic features from her. I wish I could say Caleb also did, but Caleb looked more dark and broody like his dad.