EWB 16

In my defense, I had to edit the earlier chapters and re-read them so I could catch up with what was going on with this story lmfao. But, anyways. Here's an update. 

TW

Caleb

I seriously need to reevaluate my life and learn how to mind my own damn business.

After leaving Hailey's apartment this morning (and thankfully not getting caught by Casey, who was still out like a light when I got back to my room), I took a quick shower and was out of there in ten minutes tops.

I had some important shit to do, and I was in a rush. Basically I wasted the entire weekend and haven't gotten any much work on my school work, which, like what Matthew texted me early this morning, was already due today.

I had about at least an hour or two to get my plates done, and I was planning on staying at the library to get it done.

I was kinda bummed that I had to leave Hailey's room earlier than I expected, but she's not my priority right now.

Since it was fall, it was fairly understandable that despite the fact that it was only 7 am, the sun haven't quite hit the place yet.

So here's where my need to mind my own business comes in.

While I was literally sprinting towards campus, from the side of my eye, I notice some random dude gripping on some crying girl's arm while he screamed at her and pushed her against the wall of an almost dark alley.

And after what happened with Casey, I just couldn't stand seeing guys who are clearly twice the size of the girls they decide to abuse, and that sight just triggered something in me.

So I walked over to the two.

The guy was definitely built more than me, but hey. I wasn't physically active back in high school for nothing.

"Get off her, man" I yell at the dude, making them both turn to me. The dude's face was already red from anger, while the girl's face was equally red from crying so damn hard. After seeing me, however, dude scoffs and looks at the girl as he grips her arm harder and pulls her a bit away from the wall.

"Seriously? This is the guy you've been cheating on me with?!" he asks her as he lets out a sarcastic laugh

"For the last time Lawrence, I am not cheating on you!" the girl tells dude, who is apparently named Lawrence, to which he only lets out another sarcastic laugh.

"Shut the fuck up, Kierra! You're a fucking slut!" he tells her before pushing her back against the wall so he could turn around and start walking towards me. "You should've just minded your own business, man"

I give the girl a glance and see that dude's grip on her arm was so tight that it immediately left a bruise on her arm.

And seeing that was enough to trigger my anger and not back down on this guy who was towering over me.

"I can't do that" I told him. Dude smirked and gave the girl one last look, and before I knew it, I was knocked out.

So now, I'm here. At the goddamn hospital.

My plates... unfinished and not passed.

I didn't know how long I was passed out, but as soon as I woke up, my eyes were met with the girl earlier as she dabbed some ice pack on my black eye.

"Good, you're awake" she tells me as she flashes me a small smile and stops the dabbing.

"How long was I out?" I asked her as I tried to get up "Also, what the hell just happened?"