EWB 26

Caleb

"I told you he's headed to take a shit right now! At the exact same time every damn day!" Nicolas said as he held his hand in front of me. I rolled my eyes, took a five dollar bill out of my pocket and slammed it on his hand.

"The real question is, why are you so invested over Duane's dump schedule?" I asked Nicolas as I sipped on my cup of coffee before  turned to me with disbelief written all over his face.

"Man look at this place" Nicolas said as he he extended his arms in exaggeration "Nothing entertaining happens in here! This is the most boring internship ever"

I let out a laugh.

As much as I didn't wanna admit it, Nicolas was right.

We were stuck in the dullest architecture firm in ironically one of the greatest architectural cities of the country.

The good news is our internship in this waste of firm was gonna end in a couple of months, and the chance of interning at a better architectural firm was about to come.

Out of all my other friends back in university, only Nicolas and I managed to land the internship at this place, while our other friends, hopefully, were having the time of their lives interning at better ones.

"Relax, we're out of here in no time" I assure Nicolas as he sighs in defeat.

"In the meantime, Duane's dump schedule is really the only thing we have going on right now" Nicolas says as a faint smile grows on his face, at the thought of his only source of entertainment.

I shake my head and laugh before I place my hand on his shoulder.

"Don't lump me in with your... shitty entertainment there, buddy" I tell him before walking out of the break room so I could go back to my cramped up desk and get back to boring intern work, and the only thing that was keeping me going was the thought that I'd be out of there soon, then hopefully to a better internship, graduate, and become an architect.

Soon.

As soon as it was time to go home, I hurriedly pack my things and waited for Nicolas to finish packing his stuff as well so we could finally leave. There was still a shit ton of stuff to do, but nothing that we wouldn't be able to finish tomorrow.

After getting some dinner at some nearby fast food, Nicolas and I say our goodbyes and walk on opposite directions.

I lazily walk the three flights of stairs up to my apartment and as soon as I was nearing my front door, I hear voices laughing in my apartment, which only meant one thing: Kierra and her girlfriend Violet was home.

My eyes dart towards the door knob, and once I saw that there was no sock in sight, I sigh in relief and open the door.

"Oh hey! You're home early" Kierra said as her head popped out of the kitchen

"What's up, C" Violet, who was sitted on the couch munching on some popcorn while watching some Netflix show, said

"What's up, V" I tell her as I take my bag off my shoulder and plop down the couch a couple of inches away from Violet.

My hand slowly creeps its way to the bowl of popcorn with my eyes fixed on the tv, before she quickly slaps my hand.

"Ow! Rude" I tell her as I pout and rub the back of my hand

"Get your own popcorn, man" she tells me as she lets out a laugh then pops a popcorn into her mouth and wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"Children, please do not fight" Kierra said as she came out of the kitchen and placed the bowl of pasta on the table.