29

Find your fire and do not be afraid to burn bridges that deserve to fall.

Blaze pov...

"I don't understand how she could be the ruler." I paced up and down the living room of my house. "I thought Darren hated her. Why would he give it to her of all people?" I used my hands to wipe my face.

"Are you jealous?" I looked at Nadine and she looked up from her phone, raising my eyebrows. "Jealous? Why would I be jealous of my sister?" I looked at her and she shrugged. "You sound jealous, Blaze." she sighed.

"I'm just shocked. I thought they had a shitty relationship." I sat down next to her.

"Well, did you try to speak to her?" Nadine asked. "Dad did but when he grabbed her arm, the whole building had guns pointed at us. We couldn't risk it." I sighed. I looked at Nadine and she just looked back at her phone.

"Look, I promise I will fix everything with the twins. I love you and I don't want to lose you." I smiled and kissed her cheek.

Blyana pov...

I was looking at all the workers' files, analysing all their information.

Some work needs to be done with these workers so I'm rea arranging them in their rightful positions. Darren was kind of dumb so maybe it was a good idea that he made me the new ruler.

There was a knock on the door, "Come in!" I shouted, not looking away from my computer. "You have a guest, Miss Clarke." Miles said and I looked towards him and the person behind him.

Anthony.

"What are you doing here, Anthony?" I glared at him but he just smiled. "You can leave, Miles." He nodded and left, closing the door. "Wow, look at you. I mean I knew you were a bitch but now you're a boss bitch." he laughed, sitting down.

"Thank you, now is there something you need? Have you already spent all your money?" I raised my eyebrows and he shook his head.

"Nah, I've still got plenty of money coming in thanks to the business." He looked around. "So...?" I asked. "Come on, I just wanted to see how you were doing and shit." I rolled my eyes.

"Your years behind, get in line." I looked back at my computer. "What? Oh, you mean when Darren used to beat the shit out of you?" I glared at him. "Or when he would rape you?" I started tapping the table and I knew he was finding joy in this.

He used to do this all the time.

"Or when you had two miscarriages?"

I grabbed my knife that was on the side of the table and threw it at his leg.

He shouted in pain, "You keep doing this Anthony and it's not fucking funny. Give me my knife and get the fuck out." I sat back down and he laughed. "I was only joking with you. Fucking bitch." He pulled the knife out and threw it on the table.

He gave me a fake smile and limped out of the office.

"Stupid cunt." I mumbled and Miles came in. "Is there something wrong?" he asked and I shook my head. "No but next time he comes here, call me before letting him in." He nodded and bowed his head before leaving.

I sighed and looked back at my computer.

This will take a long time.

Brayson pov...

Valencia was asleep with her head on my chest.

I'm happy to see her again. I missed her and she says she missed me too.

She helps me a lot and makes me feel better.

My phone started ringing and Valencia started moving around. I picked up my phone and it was an unknown number. I gently moved Valencia off my chest and rested her head on the pillow.

I got out of the bed and walked out of the bedroom into the corridor. The number called me again so I picked it up.

"Hello?"

Davin?

"Davin?" I asked, confused. "Fucking finally. You guys are well protected and so fucking hard to find." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Oh yeah, I forgot mum was good at hacking. Damn, I guess she's not old." he laughed.

"Is there something wrong or...?" I asked.

"Oh no, I just wanted to make sure you guys were okay. Plus, I wanna see you guys so if you could convince mum." I smiled. "I knew you were my favourite brother." He laughed. "Okay, I'll try to convince mum to give you our location so you can come visit. She might agree."

He hummed.

"Is Blyana back from New York?" he asked. "Nope, did you guys meet her there?" I asked. "Yep. We didn't really get a chance to speak to her but when Dad tried, the whole building had guns pointed at him. It was a failure."

My eyes widened a bit and I laughed.

"How are you doing though? Have you stopped drinking?" I sighed. "At first I stopped but I started again."

"How come? Did something happen?"

"I have a girlfriend. I've had a girlfriend for 2 years now and I missed her. It may sound corny or whatever but I really did miss her." I smiled. "So what's going on now?" he asked. "You ask way too many questions but mum flew her out here. She's with me now and I feel much better."

"Aww, my baby brother is in love." We both laughed. "I actually think I am in love but enough of me. How have you been?"

"Hm, I guess I've been good. I moved out and live with my girlfriend." My eyes widened. "Girlfriend?" He hummed. "I'm just like you, I've had a girlfriend for almost 2 years now. I want to introduce her to mum now that I know she's is alive." I hummed while nodding.

"I think it's a good idea. Again, I'll try and convince mum to let you come and we can talk more." I said and I could tell he was smiling from ear to ear.

"Thanks bro and tell Blyana I miss her as well. I gotta go, okay." I told him bye and cut the call.

"Brayson? Are you okay?" I looked over and saw Valencia looking at me confused. "I'm fine, why are you awake?" I pulled her into a hug. "You were gone. Did you drink again?" I kissed her forehead and grabbed her face.

"No I didn't drink, I was just talking to someone on the phone that's all." I smiled, pecking her lips. "Let's go to sleep." she smiled, kissing me back and pulling me back into the bedroom.

She's the only one I need.

Cl Brayson and Valencia cute asf

Hope you enjoyed this chapter

Anna🤍