64

Loyalty….

Blyana pov…

I felt someone hold my hand making me turn to look at them.

Corbin. He was glaring at Felix.

“What do you want, Felix?” I asked looking back at him. “Nothing, I just thought it would be fun to crash the Americans' little party. I feel offended that I wasn’t invited, you know.” he sighed, walking down the stairs.

People slowly backed up, making way for him to walk.

“Actually, there is something I could tell you. That way everything will finally make sense.” I furrowed my eyebrows. “And what is that?” I asked, tilting my head. “That your dear, dear grandfather had planned your life ever since you were born.”

What the fuck is he talking about?

“And I don’t mean Robert, no. I mean, Mykel.” he smirked. “Elaborate.” Corbin said.

“The day that you were born, Mykel knew. I don’t know why but he started his plan in ruining you so you could become a powerful woman like your mother. He forced Darren to try and kill Imana, he made sure that Darren hurt you in many ways so you could just be like this. Darren didn’t want to do any of those things to you but because of Mykel he had no choice. Now you have the empire but you're in love.”

He pointed at Corbin.

“He doesn’t like the fact that you're in love. He will do anything in his power to get rid of that love so you could focus on being powerful.”

I let go of Corbin’s hand and stared at Felix.

“I just thought I should let you know. Thank you for having me.” He turned back around but before I knew it gunshots were filling up the place. Corbin pulled me towards him and hid behind a pillar.

“Shit,” I grabbed my knife and ripped the bottom off my dress. “What are you doing?” he asked but I ignored him. As soon as the gunshots stopped I looked up to see Felix.

Dead.

There was a bullet in the middle of his forehead.

I looked around to see a sniper. A female sniper to be exact.

She took her M25 and ran away. “Fuck,” I chased after her. “Blyana!” I ignored anyone who called after me and focused on hunting down this bitch. She was pretty fast so I had to catch her in a different way.

I threw my knife at her back and it landed at the back of her shoulder, making her fall. I climbed on top of her and ripped off her mask.

Felicity.

“You killed your own fucking brother?” My eyes widened but she started laughing. I punched her in the face but she was still laughing. “Fucking bitch.” she used the sniper and hit me across the face making me fall back.

I groaned in pain and felt something dripping down my face. I wiped my cheek and saw it was blood. I looked up and she was running towards the rooftop. I stood up and ran after her, not really caring about the blood.

I ran after her but saw she was about to jump off the building.

“Stop!” I screamed. She stopped and turned around with a smirk. “Why did you kill Felix?” I asked, walking towards her a bit but I stopped. “He was getting in my way and making everything worse. Hence what just happened today.” she shrugged.

“Are you fucking kidding me?” I scoffed. “Um, no.” she raised her eyebrows. “You killed your own twin brother because of an empire? A meaningless empire.” I laughed. “You think the Aelin Empire is meaningless?” she glared at me.