30

The chains are broken, but are you truly free?

Unknown pov...

I entered the living room and sat down with a heavy sigh.

The door opened and my guests came in.

"Ah, it's finally nice to meet you all." I stood up and put my hand out to shake but they ignored me and sat down. "Okay, would you guys like a drink or something?" I asked. "We're here to just get this conversation done and over with." She rolled her eyes.

"Why are we here?" He asked and I pursed my lips nodding.

"As you know, Blyana Clarke has taken over the Aelin Empire. But the thing is that the empire rightfully belongs to you guys." I smirked.

"Darren gave it to her and we can't do anything about it. It's over." He rolled his eyes. "What if I can help you get it?" She snapped her head towards me while he just sighed. "Look, it's over what's the point in doing all of this." he stood up but she grabbed his arm.

"No wait, let's hear what he has to say." she smiled and I took a sip of my whiskey. "Are you being serious right now?!" he shouted but she stood up. "This is our chance to finally get back what that bitch took from us. That empire is ours and we're going to get back on that throne."

She turned back to me and smiled. She sat back down, "Now tell us more."

I smirked.

Blyana pov...

After two weeks, I'm finally back in Scotland but I will have to go back to New York next week. This is very stressful but I can manage. Brayson and I have to go back to London in a few weeks to get our A-level results.

I don't really care about my results since I'm not going to University anyway.

I open the front door and the guards take my stuff up to my room. "I'm back!" I shout closing the front door. "Blyana!" I turned and saw Valencia running up to me. My eyes widened and she jumped on me.

"I missed you!" she squealed. "Hi. Wait, why are you here?" I asked, hugging her again. "I came to see Brayson since he wasn't doing so great but he's getting better." she smiled. "Ah, the group is back together." I looked over and saw Riaz, Dax and Corbin.

Riaz pulled me into a hug, "I missed my best friend." I hugged him back with a smile. "How come everyone's here?" I hugged Dax. "Mum thought it would be better if everyone was here so I could recover quicker. I don't know how that makes sense but it's whatever."

Brayson shrugged and I nodded.

"Let's go to the back garden." The others followed Brayson while Corbin smiled at me. "I missed you." Corbin pecked me on the lips and I smiled.

Oh, Corbin and I made it official while he stayed in New York for a while with me. I'm happy at where things are going, I really am but I know my messy life is going to get in the way.

I made sure to let him know that my past was hell but I didn't tell him what exactly happened. I should've but I'm still scared so I'm going to wait for a while.

"I need to quickly speak to someone, I'll meet you outside." He nodded and followed after Dax who was waiting. I walked to mum's office and entered. "Blyana!" Phaedra squealed, throwing her arms in the air. "Aren't you going to give your favourite aunt a hug?" She tilted her head.

"Magnolia is my favourite." She rolled her eyes and I sat down. "Anyway, how was your flight?" Mum asked. "It was fine, normal." I shrugged.

"I heard that Tobias tried to pull some shit after the meeting." Ronan smirked. "He grabbed my arm but the whole building had guns pointed at him. He had to let me go."

"Did he hurt you or anything?" Mum asked and I shook my head. "No, no. He didn't have a grip or anything." I smiled and she nodded. "That's good. I'm proud of you." She smiled. "Me too." Phaedra stood up and hugged me while I just looked at her like she was crazy.

"What? Can't I show my niece some love?" She rolled her eyes and pushed my face, almost pushing me off the chair.

Time skip...

"Ahh!" Brayson flinged Valencia on his shoulder and ran around the garden which was massive. Riaz and Dax were playing football in the corner while Corbin and I were just talking.

"Will you come back to London?" I looked at him. "Yeah, for results day." I replied. "No, I mean permanently. Will you come back?" He looked at me and I sighed. "I don't know but I wouldn't mind as long as I don't bump into that family." I shrugged and he smiled.

"You won't have to bump into them because you will be with me." He held my hand and pecked my lips.

Corbin knows everything with the family. Their toxiness, gaslighting and their constant likeness in blaming other people. Even the bit when they believed Darren's lies and made him take me away.

"Brayson! Blayna!" I turned and mum was calling us in. "Someone is here to see you." She smiled and we looked at each other confused. I stood up and walked into the house with Brayson behind me.

"I'm sorry mum." We looked at each other and realised it was Davin. We entered the living room and he was hugging mum. There was a pretty girl standing next to him as well.

"Davin?" I looked at him confused and he smiled at me. "My favourite siblings." He walked towards us and pulled us into a hug. "I missed you guys." He rubbed our backs. Brayson smiled but I was still confused.

"Ah, Brayson forgot to tell you. I called and asked if I could come here to see you guys and introduce you to someone. Mum finally agreed." He smiled and I nodded in understanding. "So, who is this young lady?" Mum looked at the girl.

"This is my girlfriend, Shauni." My eyes widened a bit and looked at Brayson. He looked at me, "Oh, I already knew about this." He smiled and I rolled my eyes. "Hi, it's nice to finally meet you two." she waved at us with a smile and we waved back.

Everyone sat down, "How did you two meet?" Mum asked. They looked at each other and back at mum. "Well, dad sent me to the warehouse to get some things for him. Since you have to go through a forest to get to the warehouse, I saw her on the floor bleeding from a gun wound. I helped her and that's when we hit it off."

"A gun wound?" Mum furrowed her eyebrows. "I'm an assassin so I was shot after completing the mission." she smiled and she hummed. "If you don't mind me asking, do you have any family or...?" Shauni smiled.

"My parents live in Birmingham and I have two older sisters." we all nodded.

Mum asked questions and she answered.

I like her, she suits Davin and she's an interesting girl.

My phone pinged and I looked at it.

'We're coming for you, Blyana. We're taking back what's ours.'
-Felicity & Felix

What the fuck.

O

O

op...

Who the hell are Felicity and Felix? I dunno...

Hope you enjoyed this chapter

Anna🤍