20

My attitude is based on how you treat me.

Blyana pov...

"Sorry, do you mind repeating that?" I asked, narrowing my eyes. "You heard what I said, you're in Darren's will and we need to meet up so you can come claim whatever he gave you." he huffed.

"Meet me in front of the attorney office in central. By the noise in the background, you're in school and it's exam season so do it after school. You better turn up because I'm also in the will and I want to know what that bitch gave me."

I scoffed and cut the call.

Me? In fucking Darren's will?

This is a fucking joke.

"Who was that?" I turned and saw Brayson. I put my phone away, "Was it mum?" he asked and I shook my head. "No it was, um, it was someone at the organisation. I have to go there after school." I smiled at him.

"Do you want me to follow you?" he asked and I shook my head. "No, no. I'm fine you just go to Valencia's house and make babies." I smiled and pushed him in front of me. "How did you know I was going to her house?" he asked.

"She told me." I patted his back. "By the way, Corbin and I talked. He's serious about you and he will eventually ask you out. I don't know when but he will." he smiled and I nodded. A small smile crept onto my face.

"Aw, look at you. You're smiling." he pinched my cheek but I slapped it away. He laughed and we entered the canteen.

Time skip...

"Call me, yeah!" I nodded at Brayson and waved him bye.

I walked away from the school and made my way to the Attorney office in central. The walk isn't long, plus I like walking. After maybe 5 minutes or so I was here.

I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned and saw Anthony looking at me. "You've grown well." he smiled. "Can we get this shit done and over with?" I rolled my eyes and his smile faded. "But you still have that nasty attitude." he rolled his eyes and barged past me.

I sighed and followed him into the building.

"Anthony, you're here... again." the man sighed. "Yes and this time with Blyana." he pointed to me and the man's eyes widened. "Please, follow me to my office." the man said and Anthoney followed him. I followed them and we entered this nice modern office.

Mum's office is better though.

"Please sit down." he said and went behind his desk, looking for something. I sat down and Anthoney sat on the other side of the coffee table.

"Okay. I am Mr Martinez. I am Darren's lawyer." he sat down and brought out a file. "Both you and Anthony are the only ones in the will but it wasn't allowed to be opened if you weren't present." he pointed at me.

"Can we speed this up, please?" I huffed and he nodded.

He opened the folder and brought out a letter.

"This is a letter to both of you."

"Dear Anthoney,

By the time you're reading this, I'm probably dead. Probably killed by Imana since I knew she wasn't dead but that's not really your concern. I genuinely am thankful for you. You have been there since day one unlike my parents. You helped me and I helped you, that's what family is for I guess. I'm giving you all my money that I have and that is a sum of £10 million. You also own all my houses, cars, and business around the world

I don't care what you do with the money, I just know that it's going to you.

Now Blyana.

I know you hate me guts and I understand that. You probably don't want to be there and maybe, planning on trying to kill Anthony. I have done terrible things to you and ruined your life but I did it to make you stronger. You did not need to be some soft little girl who needed protection, no. You needed to be your own saviour, shield, your own mind. That's why I will be giving you my empire.

I built this empire with my own sweat, blood and tears and you're the only one that can carry it on your back. I understand that you will also own the Clarke Hawks Organisation but that will also make you powerful and better than that so-called family of yours.

You can take your time in making a decision but if you don't make one in the next week, it will automatically be yours. I don't care, it belongs to you and your future children.

You're the only one I trust with my empire.

I trust you, bye."

"I knew I was his favourite." Anthony smiled.

"Here is the account where all the money is and here is where all of the things he listed in the letter are." Martinez gave Anthoney some papers and he nodded.

"Why me?" I looked at Anthoney. "Why not you? You're his cousin." I sat up from the chair.

"Because you're the best fit for it and I agree with him. I don't really care for the empire anyway, I'd rather be living my life lavishy alone than own some empire that could get me killed."

"K-killed? Are you fucking serious?!" I shout standing up. "Calm down. You're stronger than me anyway and can probably rule the whole underworld." he rolled his eyes.

"Here are the details that you need. The main headquarters where The Aelin empire is based is New York. Everyone already knows you there so there is no problem." He gave me a folder and I sighed.

I picked it up and put it in my backpack.

"So we don't ever have to see each other again?" I asked Anthony. "I guess we don't but if I need anything, I'll come to you. But I will wish you a happy birthday." he smiled. I stood up and walked out.

A whole fucking empire?

Why me of all fucking people?

My phone pinged,

'Call me as soon as you get home.'
-Mum

Shit, I forgot she was watching my every room.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter

Anna🤍