Chapter 48

Dillon's POV:

I rest my chin on the desk in front of me, bored out of my mind. There's nothing to do today, so I've decided to work. Which basically means not work seeing as my job is just sitting at a desk to take care of the peple living here. Oh, if only I decided to do that when those thugs broke in.

My eyes travel up to the small television hanging in the corner of the lobby. My dad's work policy is to keep it on the news channel, but seeing as nobody else is in here I think I'll just flip it to see what else is on.

A not so subtle yawn escapes my mouth without warning as The Jetsons comes on. Cool, I'm always up for some classics. My eyes drift shut as the seconds tick by.

Tick, tock. Tick, tock.

My entire body jerks up as my cell phone suddenly goes off, causing a Bon Jovi song to play. Catching my breath, I pull it out & press answer before putting it to my ear.

"Hello, you've reached the office of Dillon how may I be of service to you on this morning?" A familiar laughter comes from the other line.

"Hey Dill," Lexi greets.

"Hey Lex, what's up?"

"Uh, so we got back from the show last night to find a surprise taped on the bus door.." My eyebrows go up. Oh shit. I hear her sigh through the phone. "There was a lovely poem, written by the creepers we all don't know & don't love."

"Should I even ask what it said?"

"Roses are red, violets are blue, better find a better hiding place

because we've found you. Tulips are pink, sunflowers are

yellow, last warning go back to another fellow." My lips part, not knowing what to think. Doesn't even sound much of a threat as much as it does a promise. My eyes look to the desk, searching randomly for a distraction as my eyes droop. To say that sleep hasn't been coming easy would be an understatement.

"Do you have any relatives anywhere else in the country you can hide at?"

"No, everybody's in Lousiana."

"Why are these guys so set against you being with Hunter? I mean, I know some fangirls can get crazy but this is ridiculous."

"I wish I knew." We both stay silent for a moment, lost in our thoughts. "There was a picture too, of me trying to close a window that wouldnt shut. It said on the back that they couldn't wait to get me alone." I hear the fear & nervousness in her voice. My fist hits the desk, thumping loudly but also waking myself up.

"Lexi you need to be careful. Obviously these guys aren't messing around, so I say the ball's in your court."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, that was their last warning. I think something bad is going to happen unless you do as they say." She doesn't say anything, letting everything sink in.

"I don't know what I can do anymore.." she breathes out. "What do you do when it feels like everything you do is the wrong thing?" I roll my lips in as I think her question over. Everything with Kristy has felt like the wrong thing. She'll never forgive me if I squeel on her boyfriend, but if I stand around & do nothing she'll just keep getting hurt.

There are no right answers, there are only doors that can be opened be the decisions we make. Everything's a risk, & we have to decide what we'll put on the line.

"Dillon? Are you there?" Her voice breaks me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm here."

"Do you have an answer?"

"Yeah," I say strongly, suddenly overcomed with this urge to make things right. To protect the ones I love. "You go with your very first gut feeling."

Hunter's POV:

I grab a small handful of popcorn & toss it into my mouth as I watch the television screen. I can vaguely hear Lexi in the other room, talking on her cell phone. Brushing my hand through my hair, I begin doubting myself yet again.

I love Lexi so much that trying to force her into going home killed me on the inside. She looked so hurt, & I was the one who did it. But with her staying here with me, she could get hurt.

There's no way to win this. Someone's going to get hurt regardless of what we decide to do.

My eyes snap up as she walks back in, putting her phone back into her pocket.

"You called Dillon & Kristy?"

"Just Dillon actually, he said he was going over to see her & he'd tell her for me."

"Ah, ok." She sits down beside me, & I put my arm around her. Her head rests on my shoulder, so I can smell the strawberry shampoo in her hair. Mmm. Surely she won't notice me sniff again.

"Did you just sniff me?"

"Uh, what? No!" I feel her shake with silent laughter, so I look through the corner of my eye to see her eyes squinted & lips pursed as she barely holds it in. "Fine, I did. Your hair smells good." Her face lights up as she grins at me.

"Strawberry shampoo."

"Yes, I was right!"

"Very good."

"So, do I get a prize?" I smirk, waggling my eyebrows.

"Hmmm.. do you think you deserve a prize?"

"I know I do, hun." I wink, then notice her cheeks tinge pink as her eyebrow points up & she bites her lip. If I have to say, I think she's feeling frisky.

"Then I guess it would be fair, then." She props herself out of my arm so she can face me easier. She scoots herself closer to me, running her hand slowly through my hair. I bite my lip to fight a moan from escaping. She then brings her face closer & closer til she kisses my cheek, then suddenly moves back & breaks all body contact.

"You tease!" I frown, while she giggles. "Not fair."

"Maybe not, but when did I ever say I play fair?"

"Point taken." I move closer to her, lifting my hand to brush a strand of hair from her face. I let my fingers brush across her skin slowly, loving the feeling of her cheeks warming up at my touch. It's so easy to make her blush.

I bring my face forward so it's coming towards hers. She, distracted by my previous touch, gently closes her eyes as she leans forward. I smirk as my face glides past her & reach her ear.

"I don't play fair, either," I whisper. She jerks back, eyes wide as her cheeks burn.

"That was just mean." She pouts. I chuckle as my hands cup her face.

"All teasing aside, I really want to kiss you. Will you promise to behave?"

"No."

"Good," I smirk before crashing my lips to hers, soon tasting her strawberry lip gloss.

*Hmmm... any predictions of what's going to happen? No, not about Hunter & Lexi making out haha don't be dirty minded.*