Chapter 15

"My manager," he sighs as he puts the phone up to his ear. "Hey," he pauses for a moment. "No I don't mind, that's cool." A small smile lights up his face. "No I would love to, anything for the fans! Yeah alright, bye." He hangs up the phone before looking at me. "Sorry, some fans in Georgia really wanted me to come perform at their prom." 

"Aw," I smile. "Ya know, you should have played at our prom." 

"I asked, believe me," he chuckles. "They wouldn't allow it." We walk around a crowd of people to see a mechanical bull, with a lady on top. 

"Ahh!" She half screams & laughs, as she falls off onto the soft blue plush beneath. A man chuckles as he helps her up. 

"You ok Linda?" He pushes his glasses up his nose while smiling at her. 

"Yeah! That was too fun!" She beams as she pushes her brown hair out of her eyes. 

"Ok I have to do this," Hunter laughs as he gets in the fairly short line of people. 

"Good luck cowboy," I joke as I give a military salute. Taking my place in front of the crowd of people, I wait through the next couple of people til it's Hunter's turn. I fiddle my fingers nervously as he climbs onto it, hoping it's safe. 

"Woo!" He screams as it takes off, getting crazier by the second. Looking at my phone's stopwatch, I smile as the seconds go by. He's doing good so far. 

I wince when he finally falls off, but quickly go to his side to help him up. 

"You ok?" I ask. 

"That was really fun. Any idea how long I was?" I look at my stopwatch. 

"9 seconds." 

"That's the longest anyone's lasted so far," a man nearby says. "Good job." 

"Thanks," Hunter smiles as we walk off. A few minutes later we're in line for some roller coaster, & I can feel my stomach's knots tie further & further. 

"I've never ridden one before.." 

"It isn't as bad as it looks," Hunter explains. "The worst part is the anticipation growing while going up, but you'll love it when you go down." 

"I can't help but feel like I'm going to die," I say honestly. "Like, what if it stops in the middle? Or crashes, making us all fall?" Or-" he cuts me off. 

"I promise none of that will happen. I'll be right there beside you to make sure you're safe." I can't help but smile, at least if I'm going to die, he'll be by my side. Wait. Then wouldn't he die too? That's horrible! But dying together is sweet right?

A little while later, we're in the front cart of 2. Taking deep breaths, I watch as the worker puts our harnesses on. The cart slowly starts to move, making my breathing hitch. 

"Oh my God I'm going to die.." I mumble under my breath as I squeeze my eyes shut. Suddenly I feel a hand hold mine, intertwining our fingers. I look over at Hunter, who gives me a reassuring smile. Keeping my eyes open this time, I look up to see we're nearly at the top of the hill. Feeling Hunter's hand in mine makes me feel so much better. 

The wind hits me in the face as we rush down the hill, causing my eyes to jolt wider. Water escapes the corner of my eyes from the strong wind, & I can't help but laugh. I keep laughing as we go through a loop, go for a little longer then we stop. 

Hunter finally lets go of my hand as we get out, making it instantly feeling cold. 

"I see you had a good time," he grins at me. "It wasn't so bad after all huh?" 

"Dude that was so sick! I love it!" He laughs as we walk off to the little shack, where there are pictures on big screens. "There was a camera up there?" I ask Hunter. 

"Yeah, it takes pictures so we can buy them here." I nod as we walk over to the counter. Looking at the screen, I can't help but blush as I see ours. It's at the right angle where you can see that our hands are together. I'm sitting there obviously laughing as the wind blows my hair up, while Hunter grins as he watches me through the corner of his eye.  

"Hey, since this is your first ride you think we should get a copy?" He asks me, biting his bottom lip afterwards. 

"Good idea," I smile. He gives the cashier $4, then he gives us 2 copies. I'm so glad Hunter wanted pics, I wanted one but didn't want him thinking I was a creep or anything for wanting a picture of us. 

"Want something to eat?" He asks me as we walk around. 

"Sure." We go over to a stand, food everywhere. I gasp in pleasure as I see a stick of cotton candy. 

I make Hunter let me pay for the both of us since he bought us in. Grinning, I put my mouth to the pink cotton candy & eat it as Hunter eats his hot dog. 

"This is soo good," I say while still chewing, making him laugh. 

"It's all over your face & mouth," he grins. "Seriously." 

"Aw man...." 

"It's ok, it's cute." My cheeks instantly heat up, probably going really well with the cotton candy.

Hunter's POV:

I watch in amusement as Lexi blushes about the cotton candy on her face. Hoping she doesn't notice, I can't help but stare at her lips, all covered in the sugary candy. I really want to kiss her right now, more than ever if that's possible. Really, I wouldn't mind taking some of that cotton off of her lips for her. 

"What do you want to do now?" I ask instead, trying to pull my attention off of her lips. 

"Uh..hmm..." She looks around. Finally, I can't take it anymore. I put my hands on her waist as I quickly crash my lips to hers. Instantly she kisses back & I can feel her smile, which makes me smile as well. We deepen the kiss, allowing the magic to last another perfect moment til we separate. 

We stare into each other's eyes for a moment, not saying anything. In fact, Lexi's mouth is slightly ajar in shock. Heck I'm still shocked that I did that, so I can only imagine what's going on in her head. 

"Uh... did that really just.." Her face turns redder as she speaks. "Uh never mind!" I give her a small smile in return, glad that I'm not the only one nervous here. 

"I've wanted to do that for a long time now," I say honestly. 

"Really?" She asks as I nod. "You should have then..." She explains as she rubs the back of her neck, biting her bottom lip. 

"Really? Do you- do you like me?" 

"Yeah," she smiles. "Have for a long time now." 

"Really?" I ask, suddenly realizing this is the third time we've used the word really. Clearly, we're both in shock. 

"I've always liked you.." 

"Re- no I won't say really again." She giggles, making me smile. "I've loved you from day one." If I had a camera out, I would take a picture of the beautiful smile that lights up her face as her green eyes shine. 

"I love you, Hunter." She looks at me with hope in her eyes, probably thinking I won't say I love her back. 

"I love you Lexi." I cup her face in my hands as I close the distance between us, connecting our lips again. As my eyes close I feel her hand brush through my hair. My thumbs slide on her smooth cheeks as we pull away, a big smile on both of our faces.

*Kay so I'm totally jealous of my own character cough cough Lexi... anyway I hope that was worth the wait!! ;) & don't worry, I don't plan on finishing the story anytime soon, although I don't know where I'm going with this but I know it's not to the finish line yet.*